- Perea redirects here. For the surname see Perea (surname).
Peraia (Greek: Περαία, Latin: Peræa), also written as Perea, has the meaning of "place opposite", usually a place lying across the sea from a city or an island, and may refer to any of several places, including:
- in Greece
- Peraia, Pella, a village in the Pella regional unit
- Peraia, Thessaloniki, a suburban city in the Thessaloniki regional unit
- in the Middle East
- Perea (region), a region of Ancient Israel east of the Jordan river
- in Asia Minor
- Peræa Rhodiorum, mainland possessions of Rhodes between 167 BE until the 2nd century AD in part of historical Caria, roughly across the region extending from the modern city of Muğla (ancient Mobolla) in the north and Kaunos bordering Lycia in the south, near the present-day Dalyan, Turkey
Names of similar provenance and meaning include:
- Piraeus, the port of Athens, Greece
- Pera, in Istanbul, Turkey
- Perateia, a medieval Byzantine province in the Crimea
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.