||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2011)|
- Peret is also a season in the Ancient Egyptian calendar.
- Peret is also a village in the Herault region of the Languedoc in Southern France.
Peret performing in 2007
|Birth name||Pedro Pubill Calaf|
24 March 1935 |
Mataró, Province of Barcelona, Spain
|Occupations||Singer-songwriter, composer, musician, actor|
Pedro Pubill Calaf (Spanish pronunciation: [ˈpeðɾo] Catalan pronunciation: [puˈβiʎ kəˈɫaf]; born 24 March 1935 in Mataró, Catalonia, Spain), better known as Peret, is a Spanish gypsy singer, guitar player and composer of Catalan rumba.
Known for his 1971 single, "Borriquito" (Ariola Records), Peret represented Spain at the Eurovision Song Contest in 1974 and performed during the closing ceremony at the 1992 Summer Olympics in Barcelona, Spain. In 2001, Peret recorded and released an album of updated versions of his older songs with guest musicians including David Byrne of the Talking Heads.
- 1974: Canta Y Sé Feliz (Ariola)
- 1989: Rumbas De Oro (Divucsa)
- 1991: No Se Pué Aguantar (PDI)
- 1995: Que Disparen Flores (PDI)
- 1996: Jesús De Nazareth (PDI)
- 1998: Sus Grabaciones En Discophon (Blanco Y Negro)
- 2001: Rey De La Rumba (Narada World)
- 2007: Que Levante El Dedo (K Industria)
- 2008: Como Me Gusta (PDI))
- 2008: Gitana Hechizera (PDI)
- 2009: De Los Cobardes Nunca Se Ha Escrito Nada (Universal)
- Peret: Biografía de la Rumba Catalana., by Juan Puchades. Global Rhythm Press (2011).
- Juan Puchades: Biography from Peret's official site
- Barclay, Simon. Eurovision Song Contest - The Complete & Independent Guide 2010. Simon Barclay. pp. 58–. ISBN 978-1-4457-8415-1. Retrieved 25 May 2011.
|Awards and achievements|
with "Eres tú"
|Spain in the Eurovision Song Contest
Sergio y Estíbaliz
with "Tú volverás"
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Peret.|
|This Catalan biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Spanish guitarist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|