|Created by||Jon Pollack
Mary Elizabeth Ellis
|Theme music composer||A.C. Newman|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||13 (List of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Jon Pollack
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Universal Media Studios|
|Distributor||NBCUniversal Television Distribution|
|Original run||December 20, 2010– April 7, 2011|
Perfect Couples is an American comedy television series that was originally broadcast by NBC. The half-hour romantic comedy was co-created by Jon Pollack and Scott Silveri and produced by Universal Media Studios. A sneak preview of the series aired on December 20, 2010, and officially premiered on January 20, 2011, as a mid-season replacement for the 2010–11 television season. The show was filmed in Los Angeles.
On April 14, 2011, the show was replaced in its timeslot with The Paul Reiser Show  which was cancelled 11 days later on April 25 after only two episodes. NBC officially canceled Perfect Couples on May 13, 2011.
Perfect Couples revolves around three couples at various stages in their relationships, yet who face similar problems. Vance and Amy are a couple who fight a lot and have a very active sex life. Rex and Leigh view themselves as relationship experts and therefore a "perfect couple", while Dave and Julia are considered the normal pair to whom everyone can relate.
- Kyle Bornheimer as Dave
- Christine Woods as Julia
- David Walton as Vance
- Mary Elizabeth Ellis as Amy
- Hayes MacArthur as Rex
- Olivia Munn as Leigh
- Nicolette Robinson as Isabella
In early February 2010, NBC announced that it had green-lighted a pilot script by creators Jon Pollack and Scott Silveri. Olivia Munn was the first actress cast in mid-February. David Walton came on board the project in early March, followed soon by Mary Elizabeth Ellis and Hayes MacArthur. In late March 2010, Christine Woods was cast in what was described as the female lead. Kyle Howard rounded out the main cast in mid-April.
On July 1, 2010, Deadline.com reported that Kyle Bornheimer had replaced Kyle Howard as Dave due to uncertainty whether the actor would be available due to TBS' decision to see how the fourth season of My Boys performs before it is renewed or canceled.
On March 22, 2011, it was announced that The Paul Reiser Show would replace Perfect Couples, even though the show still had two unaired episodes remaining. Mid-April is not a typical time for a prime-time network television show to finish its run, leading many to believe the show may be canceled. However, the premiere of The Paul Reiser Show fared even worse in the ratings, showing even more uncertainty for the timeslot, and was itself canceled after only two episodes. Perfect Couples was officially cancelled on May 13, 2011.
|No.||Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||Production
|1||"Perfect Tens"||Andy Ackerman||Barbie Adler||December 20, 2010||#01009||3.801|
|After Dave is disappointed that Julia dresses down for him, they both decide to be "perfect 10s" and live it up with a night out. An infestation of bed bugs misleads Amy into thinking that Vance is not ready to commit to her. Rex and Leigh plan an Italian vacation and struggle trying to adjust to the time difference.|
|2||"Pilot"||Andy Ackerman||Jon Pollack & Scott Silveri||January 20, 2011||#01701||4.152|
|When Dave and Julia's plans for the perfect anniversary fall through, Rex and Leigh gear up for game night instead. Vance and Amy break up and make up again.|
|3||"Perfect Proposal"||Andy Ackerman||Jon Pollack & Scott Silveri||January 27, 2011||#01002||3.494|
|Amy and Vance's engagement inspires doubt from Julia and Dave and blind, overwhelming support from Rex and Leigh.|
|4||"Perfect Health"||Andy Ackerman||Tad Quill||February 3, 2011||#01005||3.065|
|Dave and Amy fight their addictions - to food and shopping, respectively - while Rex encourages everyone to embrace immaturity in his Man Cave.|
|5||"Perfect Jealousy"||Rob Greenberg||Joe Port, Joe Wiseman & John Quaintance||February 10, 2011||#01007||3.06|
|Amy and Julia object to Dave and Vance's flirtatious ways, while Rex hides a financial secret from Leigh.|
|6||"Perfect Crime"||Tristram Shapeero||John Quaintance||February 17, 2011||#01003||3.03|
|Amy asks Leigh to reverse retirement and become her wedding planner but Vance thinks it's the worst idea ever. Everyone gets food poisoned after they ate Leigh's famous summer rolls, but Leigh and Rex think it's stomach flu, not food poisoning. Julia tries to make Dave feel more like a man since he got obsessed with gender roles after attending 'Mad Men' themed party and she asks him to take care of a dead possum in their shed.|
|7||"Perfect House"||Troy Miller||David Walpert||February 24, 2011||#01008||2.89|
|Vance persuades Dave to spend more time with him before he gets married to Amy and they decides to have 'a classic Dave/Vance time' at their client's houses which they are selling, but Amy spoils the fun. Rex and Leigh joins the club mixed doubles tennis tournament but she can't play due to her 'tennis elbow' so Julia steps in as her replacement.|
|8||"Perfect Job"||Andy Ackerman||John Quaintance||March 17, 2011||#01010||2.88|
|Amy quits her job at the pet store because she had a crisis of conscience and Leigh decides to become Amy's 'wife' so she could make career plans for her. Julia finally makes some gay friends at work, but gets jealous when Dave starts to hang out with them. Rex gets beaten by Vance at a tiny pool game, but Vance retires as a champion and refuses a rematch.|
|9||"Perfect Lies"||John Fortenberry||Tad Quill||March 24, 2011||#01011||3.402|
|Amy's old friend Dottie hijacks Julia's quiet bachelorette party, while Dave's camping trip turns into a wild night at a strip club.|
|10||"Perfect Exes"||Andy Ackerman||Nick Adams & Jen Kirkman & Lindsey Shockley||March 31, 2011||#01012||2.05|
|Vance bonds with Amy's ex-boyfriends, while Dave and Julia have a hard time compromising on last-minute changes to the wedding.|
|11||"Perfect Wedding"||Andy Ackerman||Jon Pollack & Scott Silveri||April 7, 2011||#01013||2.23|
|Vance and Amy get cold feet on their wedding day, Rex tries to figure out his role in the wedding while Dave and Julia argue over their toasts.|
|12||"Perfect Pants"||Fred Savage||Joe Port & Joe Wiseman||Online Only on Hulu||#01004||N/A|
|Vance buys a pair of red pants and wears it everywhere to prove a point to Amy, Rex tries to become friends with an influential dentist and Dave & Julia confront each other about the things they hate about each other.|
|13||"Perfect Daughter"||Troy Miller||David Walpert||Online Only on Hulu||#01006||N/A|
|Rex and Julia divide up their mom's stuff which includes a piano. Leigh wants the piano at her place resulting in Julia stealing the piano and hosting all future parties at their place. Amy thinks Vance is cheating on her.|
On December 20, 2010, NBC aired a sneak preview of the series after the season finale of the reality show The Sing-Off. The series received mixed reviews, scoring a 43 out of 100 based on 19 critics on Metacritic. Entertainment Weekly critic Ken Tucker said the show has improved since the first episodes.
- Fernandez, Maria Elana (May 12, 2010). "NBC picks up comedy 'Perfect Couples' for next fall". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved May 15, 2010.
- Schneider, Michael. "NBC to expand 'Sing Off' finale and sneak 'Perfect Couples' next Monday". Variety. Retrieved December 15, 2010.
- "NBC Announces New Mid-Season Schedule". The Futon Critic. November 15, 2010. Retrieved November 15, 2010.
- Hibberd, James (May 16, 2010). "NBC's fall schedule, upfront revealed". The Live Feed (The Hollywood Reporter). Retrieved May 16, 2010.
- "Perfect Couples: NBC Official Website". NBC.
- NBC Schedule Scoop: The Paul Reiser Show In, Perfect Couples Out!
- "NBC drops the axe on 'Perfect Couples'". Media Life Magazine. 2011-03-23. Retrieved 2013-10-12.
- NBC Cancels "The Paul Reiser Show" After Two Episodes, Washington Post, April 25, 2011
- [dead link]
- "Television News, Reviews and TV Show Recaps - HuffPost TV". Tvsquad.com. Retrieved 2013-10-12.
- Reiher, Andrea (May 12, 2010). "NBC picks up 'Perfect Couples' -- star Olivia Munn gives us the details". ZAP2it.com. Tribune Media Services. Retrieved May 12, 2010.
- Fernandez, Maria Elena (May 12, 2010). "NBC picks up comedy 'Perfect Couples' for next fall". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved May 12, 2010.
- "Development Update:Wednesday, March 10". The Futon Critic. March 10, 2010. Retrieved May 12, 2010.
- "Development Update: Monday, February 1". The Futon Critic. February 1, 2010. Retrieved May 12, 2010.
- "Development Update: Tuesday, February 23". The Futon Critic. February 23, 2010. Retrieved May 12, 2010.
- "Development Update:Monday, March 1". The Futon Critic. March 1, 2010. Retrieved May 12, 2010.
- Andreeva, Nellie (March 9, 2010). "Judy Greer joins Fox's 'Tax Man'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved May 12, 2010.
- "Development Update: Monday, March 29". The Futon Critic. March 29, 2010. Retrieved May 12, 2010.
- Andreeva, Nellie (March 28, 2010). "'FlashForward' actress joins NBC pilot". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved May 12, 2010.
- "Development Update:Tuesday, April 13". The Futon Critic. April 13, 2010. Retrieved May 12, 2010.
- "NBC Announces Pickup of New Comedy Series 'Perfect Couples' For 2010-11 Season" (Press release). NBC Universal. May 12, 2010. Retrieved May 12, 2010.
- "NBC Announces Pickup of New Comedy Series 'Perfect Couples' For 2010-11 Season". The Futon Critic. May 12, 2010. Retrieved May 12, 2010.
- Kirkman, Jen (June 3, 2010). "Thanks for the well wishes you guys! I'm leaving CL to write on a new NBC sitcom...". Facebook. Retrieved June 4, 2010. (Friend status with Jen Kirkman required for access)
- "Kyle Bornheimer To Star in NBC’s ‘Couples’". Deadline.com. Retrieved June 4, 2010.
- NBC's 'Paul Reiser Show' Replacing 'Perfect Couples' Broadcasting & Cable March 22, 2011
- "Perfect Couples canceled? | canceled + renewed TV shows". TV Series Finale. Retrieved 2013-10-12.
- "NBC: After ‘Perfect Couples,’ What’s Next On The Cancellation Bear’s Menu? - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers". Tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. Retrieved 2013-10-12.
- "'Perfect Couples' gets canceled by NBC". The Oregonian. March 22, 2011.
- Busis, Hillary (2011-03-22). "Paul Reiser's new NBC sitcom to replace 'Perfect Couples' | Inside TV | EW.com". Insidetv.ew.com. Retrieved 2013-10-12.
- "NBC's Perfect Couples Gets Cancelled". FilmWatch. Retrieved 2013-10-12.
- "The Paul Reiser Show Already In Trouble". IsMyShowCancelled.com. 2011-04-15. Retrieved 2013-10-12.
- Gorman, Bill (December 21, 2010). "TV Ratings Monday: 'Sing Off' Finale Falls; 'Perfect Couples' Sneaks Past Viewers; 'Million Dollar Money Drop' = 'Lie To Me'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 4, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (January 21, 2011). "Thursday Final Ratings: '$#*! My Dad Says' Adjusted Up, 'Bones' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 22, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (January 27, 2011). "Thursday Final Ratings: 'American Idol' Adjusted Up; No Adjustments for 'The Vampire Diaries' or 'Nikita'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 28, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (February 4, 2011). "TV Ratings Thursday: Fox Wins Easily, As Most Shows Decline Slightly, But 'Perfect Couples' Crashes". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 4, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (February 11, 2011). "Thursday Final Ratings: 'American Idol,' 'Vampire Diaries' Adjusted Up; 'Private Practice,' 'Bones,' 'Office,' 'Parks & Rec' Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 11, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (February 18, 2011). "Thursday Final Ratings: 'American Idol' Adjusted Up; 'Parks & Recreation,' 'Private Practice' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 18, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (February 25, 2011). "Thursday Final Ratings: 'Grey's Anatomy' Adjusted Up; 'The Office,' 'Outsourced,' and 'Private Practice' Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 25, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (March 18, 2011). "Thursday Final Ratings: "American Idol," "Wipeout" Adjusted Up; "Bones" Adjusted Down, Plus CBS NCAA Basketball Ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 18, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (March 25, 2011). "Thursday Final Ratings: "Private Practice," "Parks & Recreation," "30 Rock" Adjusted Down; "American Idol," "Grey's Anatomy," "Wipeout" Adjusted Up; Plus CBS NCAA Basketball Ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 25, 2011.
- "Perfect Couples: Season 1". Metacritic. Retrieved February 4, 2011.
- Tucker, Ken (February 17, 2011). "OK, 'Perfect Couples,' You're Winning Me Over". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved February 18, 2011.
- "Paul Reiser Show canceled | canceled + renewed TV shows". TV Series Finale. Retrieved 2013-10-12.