|Created by||Jon Pollack
Mary Elizabeth Ellis
|Theme music composer||A.C. Newman|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||13 (List of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Jon Pollack
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Universal Media Studios|
|Distributor||NBCUniversal Television Distribution|
|Original run||December 20, 2010– April 7, 2011|
Perfect Couples is an American comedy television series that was originally broadcast by NBC. The half-hour romantic comedy was co-created by Jon Pollack and Scott Silveri and produced by Universal Media Studios. A sneak preview of the series aired on December 20, 2010, and officially premiered on January 20, 2011, as a mid-season replacement for the 2010–11 television season. The show was filmed in Los Angeles.
On April 14, 2011, the show was replaced in its timeslot with The Paul Reiser Show  which was cancelled 11 days later on April 25 after only two episodes. NBC officially canceled Perfect Couples on May 13, 2011.
Perfect Couples revolves around three couples at various stages in their relationships, yet who face similar problems. Vance and Amy are a couple who fight a lot and have a very active sex life. Rex and Leigh view themselves as relationship experts and therefore a "perfect couple", while Dave and Julia are considered the normal pair to whom everyone can relate.
- Kyle Bornheimer as Dave
- Christine Woods as Julia
- David Walton as Vance
- Mary Elizabeth Ellis as Amy
- Hayes MacArthur as Rex
- Olivia Munn as Leigh
- Nicolette Robinson as Isabella
In early February 2010, NBC announced that it had green-lighted a pilot script by creators Jon Pollack and Scott Silveri. Olivia Munn was the first actress cast in mid-February. David Walton came on board the project in early March, followed soon by Mary Elizabeth Ellis and Hayes MacArthur. In late March 2010, Christine Woods was cast in what was described as the female lead. Kyle Howard rounded out the main cast in mid-April.
On July 1, 2010, Deadline.com reported that Kyle Bornheimer had replaced Kyle Howard as Dave due to uncertainty whether the actor would be available due to TBS' decision to see how the fourth season of My Boys performs before it is renewed or canceled.
On March 22, 2011, it was announced that The Paul Reiser Show would replace Perfect Couples, even though the show still had two unaired episodes remaining. Mid-April is not a typical time for a prime-time network television show to finish its run, leading many to believe the show may be canceled. However, the premiere of The Paul Reiser Show fared even worse in the ratings, showing even more uncertainty for the timeslot, and was itself canceled after only two episodes. Perfect Couples was officially cancelled on May 13, 2011.
On December 20, 2010, NBC aired a sneak preview of the series after the season finale of the reality show The Sing-Off. The series received mixed reviews, scoring a 43 out of 100 based on 19 critics on Metacritic. Entertainment Weekly critic Ken Tucker said the show has improved since the first episodes.
- Fernandez, Maria Elana (May 12, 2010). "NBC picks up comedy 'Perfect Couples' for next fall". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved May 15, 2010.
- Schneider, Michael. "NBC to expand 'Sing Off' finale and sneak 'Perfect Couples' next Monday". Variety. Retrieved December 15, 2010.
- "NBC Announces New Mid-Season Schedule". The Futon Critic. November 15, 2010. Retrieved November 15, 2010.
- Hibberd, James (May 16, 2010). "NBC's fall schedule, upfront revealed". The Live Feed (The Hollywood Reporter). Retrieved May 16, 2010.
- "Perfect Couples: NBC Official Website". NBC.
- NBC Schedule Scoop: The Paul Reiser Show In, Perfect Couples Out!
- "NBC drops the axe on 'Perfect Couples'". Media Life Magazine. 2011-03-23. Retrieved 2013-10-12.
- NBC Cancels "The Paul Reiser Show" After Two Episodes, Washington Post, April 25, 2011
- [dead link]
- "Television News, Reviews and TV Show Recaps - HuffPost TV". Tvsquad.com. Retrieved 2013-10-12.
- Reiher, Andrea (May 12, 2010). "NBC picks up 'Perfect Couples' -- star Olivia Munn gives us the details". ZAP2it.com. Tribune Media Services. Retrieved May 12, 2010.
- Fernandez, Maria Elena (May 12, 2010). "NBC picks up comedy 'Perfect Couples' for next fall". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved May 12, 2010.
- "Development Update:Wednesday, March 10". The Futon Critic. March 10, 2010. Retrieved May 12, 2010.
- "Development Update: Monday, February 1". The Futon Critic. February 1, 2010. Retrieved May 12, 2010.
- "Development Update: Tuesday, February 23". The Futon Critic. February 23, 2010. Retrieved May 12, 2010.
- "Development Update:Monday, March 1". The Futon Critic. March 1, 2010. Retrieved May 12, 2010.
- Andreeva, Nellie (March 9, 2010). "Judy Greer joins Fox's 'Tax Man'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved May 12, 2010.
- "Development Update: Monday, March 29". The Futon Critic. March 29, 2010. Retrieved May 12, 2010.
- Andreeva, Nellie (March 28, 2010). "'FlashForward' actress joins NBC pilot". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved May 12, 2010.
- "Development Update:Tuesday, April 13". The Futon Critic. April 13, 2010. Retrieved May 12, 2010.
- "NBC Announces Pickup of New Comedy Series 'Perfect Couples' For 2010-11 Season" (Press release). NBC Universal. May 12, 2010. Retrieved May 12, 2010.
- "NBC Announces Pickup of New Comedy Series 'Perfect Couples' For 2010-11 Season". The Futon Critic. May 12, 2010. Retrieved May 12, 2010.
- Kirkman, Jen (June 3, 2010). "Thanks for the well wishes you guys! I'm leaving CL to write on a new NBC sitcom...". Facebook. Retrieved June 4, 2010. (Friend status with Jen Kirkman required for access)
- "Kyle Bornheimer To Star in NBC’s ‘Couples’". Deadline.com. Retrieved June 4, 2010.
- NBC's 'Paul Reiser Show' Replacing 'Perfect Couples' Broadcasting & Cable March 22, 2011
- "Perfect Couples canceled? | canceled + renewed TV shows". TV Series Finale. Retrieved 2013-10-12.
- "NBC: After ‘Perfect Couples,’ What’s Next On The Cancellation Bear’s Menu? - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers". Tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. Retrieved 2013-10-12.
- "'Perfect Couples' gets canceled by NBC". The Oregonian. March 22, 2011.
- Busis, Hillary (2011-03-22). "Paul Reiser's new NBC sitcom to replace 'Perfect Couples' | Inside TV | EW.com". Insidetv.ew.com. Retrieved 2013-10-12.
- "NBC's Perfect Couples Gets Cancelled". FilmWatch. Retrieved 2013-10-12.
- "The Paul Reiser Show Already In Trouble". IsMyShowCancelled.com. 2011-04-15. Retrieved 2013-10-12.
- "Perfect Couples: Season 1". Metacritic. Retrieved February 4, 2011.
- Tucker, Ken (February 17, 2011). "OK, 'Perfect Couples,' You're Winning Me Over". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved February 18, 2011.
- "Paul Reiser Show canceled | canceled + renewed TV shows". TV Series Finale. Retrieved 2013-10-12.