Perfect Pie DVD cover
|Directed by||Barbara Willis Sweete|
|Written by||Judith Thompson|
The assistant director for the original production was Caroline Azar. The original cast starred Nancy Palk (Patsy), Tara Rosling (Young Patsy), Sonja Smits (Francesca), and Liisa Repo-Martell (Marie - Francesca's original name). Music for the production was composed and performed by Bill Thompson.
The story concerns the childhoods of Patsy and Marie and the impact it had on their later lives. Much of the dialogue is centered around their prom night when Marie was abused by more than one boy. The play deals with a number of complex themes, such as child abuse and rape.
The play was originally written as a monologue in 1993. It was published in book form by Playwrights Canada Press on September 1, 2000.
- Judith Thompson, Perfect Pie, Playwrights Canada Press, 1 Sept, 2000 ISBN 978-0-88754-590-0
- Perfect Pie at the Internet Movie Database
- TorontoLiveTheatre.com listing and credits for Perfect Pie
- Essay: Identities of ambivalence: Judith Thompson's Perfect Pie by Marlene Moser
- Film review by Rick McGinnis
|This article related to a Canadian film of the 2000s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This 2000s drama film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|