Perfect World Entertainment
|Industry||Game developer and publisher|
|Headquarters||Redwood City, California, United States|
|Parent||Perfect World Co.|
Perfect World Entertainment is Perfect World’s North American online games publisher specializing in free-to-play PC games. Founded in 2008, Perfect World Entertainment currently operates 13 titles.
The first phase of Perfect World Entertainment’s growth consisted of bringing versions of popular Chinese games to an English language audience. These include Perfect World International, Forsaken World, Jade Dynasty, Battle of the Immortals, War of the Immortals, and Ether Saga Online.
The company is increasingly launching and operating games sourced globally, including Rusty Hearts (developed by Windysoft in Seoul, Korea), Blacklight Retribution (developed by Zombie Studios in Seattle, USA), and has announced plans to launch RaiderZ (developed by MAIET Entertainment in Seoul, Korea).
Perfect World Entertainment is also publishing games from sister-company developers Cryptic Studios (Star Trek Online, Champions Online, Dungeons & Dragons Neverwinter) and Runic Games (Torchlight and Torchlight II).
- Perfect World International - 3D MMORPG September 2008
- Ether Saga Online - 3D MMORPG March 2009
- Jade Dynasty - 3D MMORPG June 2009
- Champions Online - 3D MMORPG September 2009
- Torchlight MMO - 3D MMORPG October 2009
- Star Trek Online - 3D MMORPG February 2010
- Battle of the Immortals - 2.5D MMORPG May 2010
- Forsaken World - 3D MMORPG March 2011
- War of the Immortals - 2.5D MMORPG December 2011
- Rusty Hearts - 3D MMORPG November 2011
- Blacklight: Retribution - FPS April 2012
- RaiderZ - 3D MMORPG November 2012
- Dungeons & Dragons Neverwinter - 3D MMORPG April 2013
In late September 2011, it was announced that PWE would be closing the following games.