|Type||Part of Publicis Groupe, public|
|Industry||Search Engine Marketing|
|Founded||Chicago, Illinois (1998) as Dynamic Trade|
Michael Kahn, CEO
Performics is a performance marketing agency that provides paid search, natural search, social, display, affiliate and mobile marketing solutions to a variety of Fortune 500 and smaller clients. Performics is owned by the French advertising holding company Publicis Groupe (Euronext Paris: FR0000130577).
Performics is based in Chicago, Illinois, but operates in 34 markets globally. They service approximately 200 clients, including Bose, Reckitt Benckiser Kohl's, Verizon Wireless, Toyota and LVMH. It was voted one of the top workplaces in Chicago by employees as reported by The Chicago Tribune in 2011, and 2012.
||This article is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (November 2012)|
- Founded (as Dynamic Trade) as an Affiliate marketing company in 1998
- Launched Search Engine Marketing Services in 2001
- Was acquired for $58 million (in cash plus an earn-out of up to $7 million) by DoubleClick in 2004
- DoubleClick announced the acquisition of DoubleClick (including Performics) by Google for $3.1 Billion in April 2007. The acquisition was finalized in March 2008 after the approval of the Department of Justice antitrust authorities in the United States and the Brussels-based European Commission, the antitrust authority of the European Union.
- The controversial search engine marketing and optimization part of Performics was acquired by Publicis in 2008, after the purchase of DoubleClick by Google (NASDAQ: GOOG) had been finalized. The affiliate network part of DoubleClick Performics remained with Google and was re-branded Google Affiliate Network.
Performics, the performance-based search marketing services division of Publicis for multi-channel marketers.
- "Chicago's Top Workplaces 2011: The Winners". The Chicago Tribune. November 2011. Retrieved 27 November 2011.
- "Chicago's Top Workplaces 2012: The Winners". The Chicago Tribune. Retrieved July 25, 2013.
- The ClickZ Network (May 17, 2004), DoubleClick Acquires Performics, ClickZ.com, retrieved August 12, 2007
- Paul R. La Monica (April 13, 2007), Google to buy DoubleClick for $3.1 billion, CNN Money, retrieved January 15, 2009
- Lane R Ellis (March 11, 2008), Google Gets E.U. Go-Ahead For DoubleClick Merger, Search Engine World, retrieved January 15, 2009
- Loren Baker (April 16, 2007), What Will Google Do With Performics?, Search Engine Journal, retrieved January 15, 2009
- Google Completes Sale of Performics (Sept 10, 2008),, NYTimes.com, retrieved November 11, 2008