Performing arts presenters
Performing arts presenting organizations facilitate exchanges between artists and audiences through creative, educational, and performance opportunities. The work that these artists perform is produced outside of the presenting organization.
Performing arts presenters are typically found in three varieties:
- Those attached to a college, university, or other educational institution, with performances usually taking place on campus;
- Those that are an administrative branch of a theater or concert hall, usually presenting performances only in that space;
- Those that are independently administered outside any specific venue, usually renting multiple venues for performances.
Performing arts presenters in the United States
- Celebrity Series of Boston (Boston)
- Rockport Music (Rockport, Massachusetts)
- University Musical Society (Ann Arbor, Michigan)
- Whitefish Theatre Company (Whitefish, Montana)
- Hopkins Center for the Arts (Dartmouth College, Hanover, New Hampshire)
- The Music Hall, (Portsmouth, New Hampshire)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2012)|
- "The Capacity of Performing Arts Presenting Organizations," by Mark A. Hager and Thomas H. Pollak, The Urban Institute, Center on Nonprofits and Philanthropy, April 2002.