Perfume Genius is the stage name for Seattle-based solo artist Mike Hadreas. His second album, Put Your Back N 2 It, was released on February 20, 2012.
Hadreas began composing music after he moved from New York to live with his mother in Everett, Washington. In 2008, he set up a MySpace page under the name Perfume Genius. His debut album, Learning, was released on 21 June 2010, through Turnstile Records in Europe and Matador Records in the United States. In 2011, Mike supported the band Beirut on their North American tour. In September of the same year he played Split Works' inaugural Black Rabbit festival in China alongside acts like Gold Panda and Mount Kimbie. Hadreas' sophomore album, Put Your Back N 2 It, was released on February 20, 2012. The promotional video for the album, featuring Hadreas and pornographic actor Arpad Miklos embracing each other wearing only underwear, was deemed unsafe for family viewing by YouTube.
He was one of several Seattle-area artists and musicians featured in the exhibit "Mw [Moment Magnitude]" at the Frye Art Museum, October 13, 2012 — January 20, 2013. As part of the exhibit, he gave a performance at the museum October 27, 2012.
||Put Your Back N 2 It
|"Take Me Home"
- ^ Barton, Laura (February 16, 2012). "Perfume Genius: 'I've learned not to trust myself'". The Guardian (London). Retrieved February 17, 2012. "Hadreas is 30 now [...]"
- ^ a b "Put Your Back N 2 It: Perfume Genius". Amazon.com: MP3 Downloads. ASIN B006WH8VOM.
- ^ Perfume Genius - Biography, allmusic.com
- ^ Perfume Genius – Learning, discogs.com
- ^ Perfume Genius - Events from 2011, last.fm
- ^ Black Rabbit Music Festival is Coming, spli-t.com (2011). Retrieved on 2012-16-08
- ^ Michelson, Noah (January 25, 2012). "Perfume Genius Video Gets Banned From YouTube For Not Being "Family Safe"". Huffington Post.
- ^ Perfume Genius & Calendar, Mw [Moment Magnitude], Frye Art Museum. Accessed online 2012-11-27.