Period of Adjustment (film)
|Period of Adjustment|
Theatrical film poster
|Directed by||George Roy Hill|
|Produced by||Lawrence Weingarten|
|Written by||Isobel Lennart
Tennessee Williams (play)
|Music by||Lyn Murray|
|Editing by||Fredric Steinkamp|
|Running time||112 minutes|
Two married couples are both having a period of difficulty in their relationship. Isabel (Jane Fonda) and George Haverstick (Jim Hutton) are having a problem because George has bouts of performance anxiety. The second couple, Ralph (Anthony Franciosa) and Dorothea Baitz (Lois Nettleton), have their problems based on the fact that he married her for her money—and she knows it.
- Anthony Franciosa as Ralph Baitz (as Tony Franciosa)
- Jane Fonda as Isabel Haverstick
- Jim Hutton as George Haverstick
- Lois Nettleton as Dorothea Baitz
- John McGiver as Stewart P. McGill
- Mabel Albertson as Mrs. Alice McGill
- Jack Albertson as Desk Sergeant
According to MGM records the film earned $2,750,000 in North America and $1.5 million overseas, making the studio a profit of $558,000.
Jane Fonda was nominated for a Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Motion Picture Musical or Comedy for her performance.
- The Eddie Mannix Ledger, Los Angeles: Margaret Herrick Library, Center for Motion Picture Study.
- "NY Times: Period of Adjustment". NY Times. Retrieved 2008-12-24.
- Period of Adjustment at the Internet Movie Database
- Period of Adjustment at the TCM Movie Database
- Period of Adjustment (film) at AllRovi
- Period of Adjustment at Rotten Tomatoes