|This article does not cite any references or sources. (June 2007)|
The Permanent Committee for Islamic Research and Fataawa (in Arabic, al-Lajnah ad-Daa'imah lil-Buhooth al-'Ilmiyyah wal-Iftaa اللجنة الدائمة للبحوث العلمية والإفتاء ) is an Islamic organization in Saudi Arabia that issues rulings in Islamic jurisprudence (fiqh). It consists of the most senior Sunni scholars of fiqh in Saudi Arabia.
Creation of the Permanent Committee for Islamic Research and Fataawa 
King Faisal ibn Abd al-Aziz of Saudi Arabia on the 8th of Rajab 1391 AH (August 29, 1971 C.E. in the Gregorian calendar) issued a royal decree establishing the Council of Senior Scholars for his country. Under section four of the decree, it stated,
- “The Permanent Committee has been left the task of selecting its members from amongst the members of the Council (of Senior Scholars) in accordance with the Royal Decree. Its aim is to prepare research papers ready for discussion amongst the Council (of Senior Scholars), and issue fataawa on individual issues. This is by responding to the fatwa-seeking public in areas of 'aqeedah, 'ibaadah and social issues. It will be called: The Permanent Committee for Islaamic Research and Fataawa (al-Lajnah ad-Daa'imah lil-Buhooth al-'Ilmiyyah wal-Iftaa.)”
With this decree came the establishment of the Permanent Committee for Islamic Research and Fataawa (Islamic rulings). Since its inception, the Permanent Committee has been relied upon by Muslims all over the world for rulings in Fiqh (Islamic jurisprudence), Hadith (sayings of the Prophet Muhammad), and Aqeedah (Islamic creed) issues. For those with questions regarding the Islamic ruling on a variety of questions, it is possible to write to the Permanent Committee asking for a fatwa on a specific topic.
In their fataawa, the Permanent Committee has become renowned for its thoroughness in deriving their rulings. All fataawa are derived from evidence from the three sources of Islamic knowledge: the Qur'an, authentic Sunnah, and understanding of the rightly guided companions of the Prophet Muhammad. Moreover, they will usually explain all the potential Islamic viewpoints of an issue and will then explain, which in their view is the most authentic opinion based on the evidence.
Current Members of the Permanent Committee 
The current members of the Permanent Committee for Islaamic Research and Fataawa are:
- Head: Shaykh Abd al-Azeez aal ash-Shaykh
- Member: Shaykh Abdullah ibn Qu'ood
- Member: Shaykh Abdullah ibn Munay
- Member: Shaykh Saleh Al-Fawzan
Deceased Members of the Permanent Committee 
Deceased members of the Permanent Committee include:
- Shaykh Abd al-Azeez ibn Baaz
- Shaykh Abd ar-Razzaq ibn 'Afifi
- Shaykh Abdullah Ibn Jibreen
- Shaykh Bakr Abdullah Abu Zayd
- Shaykh Muhammad ibn Ibrahim aal ash-Shaykh
- Shaykh Abdullah ibn Ghudayyaan
Books that contain the fataawa of the Permanent Committee include:
- Fataawa al-Lajnah ad-Daa'imah
- Fataawa Islamiyyah