From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Permeable)
|Look up permeability, permeable, or semipermeable in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
In science, permeability, permeable, and semipermeable may refer to one of the below.
- Permeability (electromagnetism), the degree of magnetization of a material in response to a magnetic field.
- Vacuum permeability, permeability of free space or magnetic constant, a physical constant, the value of magnetic permeability in a classical vacuum.
- Semipermeable membrane, a membrane which will allow certain molecules or ions to pass through it by diffusion
- Vascular permeability, the movement of fluids and molecules between the vascular and extravascular compartments
- Permeation of a gas or vapor through a solid substance
Earth and soil science
- Permeability (earth sciences), a measure of the ability of a material (such as rocks) to transmit fluids
- Permeability (foundry sand), is a test of the venting characteristics of a rammed foundry sand
- Hydraulic conductivity the permeability of soil for water
Vehicles and transport
- Permeability (nautical), in ship design, the percentage of empty space in a compartment or tank
- Permeability (spatial and transport planning), the extent to which the layout of urban forms enables people or vehicles to move in different directions
- "Impermeable", a song by Ha*Ash from the album A Tiempo (2011)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Permeability.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.