Perry High School (Massillon, Ohio)
|Perry High School|
|3737 13th Street SW
Massillon, Ohio, 44646
|Motto||Knowledge is Power|
|Opened||1956 established =|
|School board||President - Marlene Capuano, Vice-President - Betsey Elum, Jim Caasey, Mike Brenner, David Ramos|
|School district||Perry Local School District|
|Vice principal||Hope Lentz, Jennifer Reese, Bill Hildebrand|
|Grades||9-12 (starting in 2011)|
|Average class size||500|
|School colour(s)||Gold, Black and White
|Athletics||OHSAA Class AAA|
|Athletics conference||Federal League|
|Rival||Jackson, Massillon, Central Catholic, North Canton Hoover, and Lake|
|Average SAT scores||n/a|
|Average ACT scores||n/a|
|Communities served||Perry Township, Village of Richville|
Perry High School is a public high school in Perry Township, Ohio near Massillon. It is the only public high school in the Perry Local School District in Stark County. Perry High School is recognized throughout the state for its wrestling program and speech and debate team. In 2011, Perry High School underwent renovations to add a Freshman wing to the school and a new cafeteria.
Perry High School offers many extra-curricular activities for an array of students.
Activities include(but are not limited to)
- Academic Challenge
- Choir (Bel Canto, Lyrics, Kinsman, Symphonic, Pipers)
- Perry Players/Thespians
- French Club
- Instrumental Music
- Jazz Band
- Service Club
- National Honor Society
- Spanish Club
- Math Club
- Speech & Debate
- Teen Institute
- S.A.D.D. (Students Against Destructive Decisions)
- Physics Club
- The Perry High School Marching Band has qualified for OMEA State Finals in 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014. The Symphonic Winds have earned superior ratings in Class AA and A over 37 times. In 1991, The Perry Symphonic Winds performed at the Midwest International Band and Orchestra clinic, and will perform at the OMEA State Convention in 2015.
- There are also a large array of Choirs at Perry, including Bel Canto, Lyrics, Kinsman, as well as Symphonic. These Choirs perform numerous concerts ranging from classical to popular music. Over the years, these choirs have competed at State Competitions multiple times.
- The Perry Theatre was christened the "Little Broadway" of Stark County by the Canton Repository. The term was highlighted as part of a feature article reporting the yearly successes, sell-out crowds and continued demand for tickets that the Perry Theatre had established over the years. Theatre Students, along with their Directors as well as Perry Administrators humbly accepted the title. With that acceptance the Perry Theatre established a yearly mission and commitment to uphold the honor. The Perry Players perform at the Louie Mattachione Theatre at Perry High School, and have been under the direction of Louie Mattachione for over 50 years.
- In 2004, 2005, 2007, and 2008, the Perry Forensics Team won the Ohio Speech and Debate State Title. They are currently recognized as one of the top schools in the nation.
Perry High School is a Division 1 school.
- 2012 - baseball district champions
- 2010 - softball state champions. First OHSAA team title in school history, any sports.
- Intermat Wrestling has the 2013 Panther Wrestling team ranked #7 Nationally
- 2014 State Wreslting Champions - Dual Meet.
- Kirk Barton: former NFL player, and graduate assistant for the Ohio State Buckeyes football team
|This Stark County, Ohio school article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|