Perry Township, Logan County, Ohio
|Perry Township, Logan County, Ohio|
|Honda and the US government, occupies a large part of Perry Township|
|• Total||26.9 sq mi (69.5 km2)|
|• Land||26.8 sq mi (69.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|Elevation||1,093 ft (333 m)|
|• Density||38.1/sq mi (14.7/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086490|
Located in the eastern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Bokes Creek Township - north
- York Township, Union County - northeast
- Liberty Township, Union County - east
- Zane Township - south
- Monroe Township - southwest corner
- Jefferson Township - west
- Rushcreek Township - northwest
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
In the elections of November 2007, Gary Baker defeated Brian Tacey in the election for the position of township trustee, while Cindy Stalling was elected without opposition to the position of township fiscal officer.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Logan County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 12 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- Examiner Staff, The. "Township Trustees: Township trustee results", Bellefontaine Examiner, 2007-11-07, p. 2.
- Examiner Staff, The. "Township Trustees: Township fiscal officer", Bellefontaine Examiner, 2007-11-07, p. 2.