Perseus Books Group
|This article is outdated. (March 2009)|
|Parent company||Perseus LLC|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Headquarters location||New York City|
|Key people||David Steinberger (President and CEO)|
Perseus Books Group is an American publishing company founded in 1996 by investor Frank Pearl. It was named Publisher of the Year in 2007 by Publishers Weekly magazine for its role in taking on publishers formerly distributed by Publishers Group West and acquiring Avalon Publishing Group.
In January 2007, Perseus Book Group purchased Avalon Publishing Group, the parent company of Carroll & Graf and Thunder's Mouth Press; the purchaser folded both imprints and stopped publishing books under those names in May 2007.
The Perseus Books Group currently has 12 imprints:
Before Avalon Publishing Group was integrated into the Perseus Books Group, it published on 14 imprint presses. In 2007, some of these imprints were integrated into the Perseus Books Group, while others folded or were sold to other companies. Perseus also sold one of their imprints in the restructuring process.
Avalon Publishing Group
- Avalon Travel Publishing
- Black Square Editions
- Blue Moon Books
- Carroll & Graf Publishers — folded in 2007
- Four Walls Eight Windows
- Marlowe & Company — absorbed into the DaCapo imprint
- No Exit Press
- Seal Press
- Shoemaker & Hoard Publishers — sold to Counterpoint LLC
- Thunder's Mouth Press — folded in 2007
Perseus Books Group
- Millot, Jim (2007-12-03). "Publisher of the Year". Publishers Weekly. Publishers Weekly. Retrieved 2012-01-21.
- Milliot, Jim (2007-11-01). "Perseus to Buy Avalon; Eyes PGW Pubs" ([dead link]). Publishers Weekly.
- Milliot, Jim (2007-05-10). "Perseus Folds Two Imprints, Sells Another" ([dead link]). Publishers Weekly.
- "About Us". Perseus Books Group. Retrieved 2010-01-16.
- "Publishers Look-up Service". Association of American Publishers. Retrieved 2010-01-16.
- Kinsella, Bridget. "Winton, Shoemaker & Co. Buys Counterpoint". Publishers Weekly. Retrieved 2010-01-16.[dead link]
|This article about a United States publishing company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|