From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Persia or ایران in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Persia or Iran, officially the Islamic Republic of Iran since 1980, is a country in Western Asia.
Persia may also refer to:
- Persia (EP), 1984 extended-play record by Australian rock band The Church
- Persia (name), Greek and Latin name for the country, from the Old Persian name Pārsa
- RMS Persia, steamship built in 1856
- SS Persia, various steamships by this name
- Persia, the Magic Fairy, a 1984 magical girl anime series by Studio Pierrot
- Persia, Iowa, a US city
- Persia, New York, a US town
- Persian Gulf (Shākhāb-e Pārs), an extension of the Indian Ocean between Iran and the Arabian Peninsula
- Persian Empire, an empire in Western and Central Asia, founded in the 6th century BC
- Fars Province, a province in Iran, also known as Pārs, which means "Persia" in the Persian language
- Persian (disambiguation)
- Farsi (disambiguation)
- List of Persia-related topics
- Prince of Persia, a video game franchise
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.