From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Persia may refer to the following:
- Iran. The country's exonym, officially and unofficially, in the West until 1935 was "Persia". In that year the official exonym was equated with the ancient endonym, Iran, per Reza Shah Pahlavi's request. Unofficial use of the exonym by both Iranians and non-Iranians continues to this day.
- Fars Province, a province in Iran, Fars being Persian, for Persia
- Persis or Pārs, a historic region in southwest Persia and the original power base of Achaemenids
- Persian Empire
- RMS Persia the steamship built in 1856
- Five ships named SS Persia, Various steamships by this name
- Persia (EP), 1984 extended-play record by Australian rock band The Church
- Persia, the Magic Fairy, a 1984 magical girl anime series by Studio Pierrot
- Persia, Iowa
- Persia, New York
|Look up Persia in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.