Person County Airport
|Person County Airport|
|IATA: none – ICAO: KTDF – FAA LID: TDF|
|Serves||Roxboro, North Carolina|
|Location||Timberlake, North Carolina|
|Elevation AMSL||609 ft / 186 m|
Person County Airport (ICAO: KTDF, FAA LID: TDF) is a county-owned, public-use airport in Person County, North Carolina, United States. It is located six nautical miles (11 km) south of the central business district of Roxboro.
Facilities and aircraft
Person County Airport covers an area of 218 acres (88 ha) at an elevation of 609 feet (186 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 6/24 with an asphalt surface measuring 6,005 by 100 feet (1,830 x 30 m).
For the 12-month period ending June 30, 2009, the airport had 34,750 aircraft operations, an average of 95 per day: 95% general aviation, 5% military and 2% air taxi. At that time there were 34 aircraft based at this airport: 82% single-engine and 18% multi-engine.
- FAA Airport Master Record for TDF ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective 8 April 2010.
- National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2009–2013: Appendix A: Part 4 (PDF, 1.61 MB). Federal Aviation Administration. Updated 15 October 2008.
- National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2007–2011: Appendix A: Part 4 (PDF, 1.58 MB). Federal Aviation Administration. Updated 6 October 2006.
- "Person County Airport (ICAO: KTDF, FAA: TDF)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved 16 April 2010.
- Person County Airport, official site
- PDF at North Carolina DOT airport guide
- Aerial photo as of April 1998 from USGS The National Map via MSR Maps
- FAA Terminal Procedures for TDF, effective December 11, 2014
- Resources for this airport: