Personality and Individual Differences
|Personality and Individual Differences|
|Abbreviated title (ISO 4)||Pers. Individ. Dif.|
|Edited by||Philip A. Vernon, Sybil B. G. Eysenck|
Personality and Individual Differences is a peer-reviewed academic journal published 16 times per year by Elsevier. It was established in 1980 and is the official journal of the International Society for the Study of Individual Differences. The editors-in-chief are Philip A. Vernon and Sybil B. G. Eysenck. The founding editor was Hans Jürgen Eysenck.
Abstracting and indexing
The journal is abstracted and indexed in:
The journal covers individual differences, broadly conceived, with articles on social psychology, processes, personality, intelligence, specific facets of human nature such as creativity, and aggression as well as clinical, economic and HR applications. Articles often use techniques such as structural equation modeling and psychometric analysis of scales, or behavior genetic and evolutionary psychology approaches.
The journal has published some of the highest impact papers in personality and social psychology, including major measurement instruments, for instance the original description of the revised version of the Eysenck Personality Questionnaire,  a paper which has been cited over 1600 times,  as well as a paper proposing the third revision of the NEO PI-R NEO five-factor model scales,  scales for disgust assessment,  theoretically important papers on the structure of personality,  and substantive contributions to the topic of impulse control and psychopathy. 
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Psychology, Social". 2011 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Social Sciences ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2012.
- Sybil B. G. Eysenck, Hans Jürgen Eysenck, & Paul Barrett (1985). "A revised version of the psychoticism scale". Personality and Individual Differences 6 (1): 21–29. doi:10.1016/0191-8869(85)90026-1.
- citations of Eysenck, Eysenck, and Barrett 1985
- McCrae, Robert R.; Costa, Paul T. (2004). "A contemplated revision of the NEO Five-Factor Inventory". Personality and Individual Differences 36 (3): 587. doi:10.1016/S0191-8869(03)00118-1.
- Haidt, Jonathan; McCauley, Clark; Rozin, Paul (1994). "Individual differences in sensitivity to disgust: A scale sampling seven domains of disgust elicitors". Personality and Individual Differences 16 (5): 701. doi:10.1016/0191-8869(94)90212-7.
- Eysenck, H.J. (1992). "Four ways five factors are not basic". Personality and Individual Differences 13 (6): 667. doi:10.1016/0191-8869(92)90237-J.
- Costa, Paul T.; McCrae, Robert R. (1992). "Four ways five factors are basic". Personality and Individual Differences 13 (6): 653. doi:10.1016/0191-8869(92)90236-I.
- Whiteside, Stephen P.; Lynam, Donald R. (2001). "The Five Factor Model and impulsivity: Using a structural model of personality to understand impulsivity". Personality and Individual Differences 30 (4): 669. doi:10.1016/S0191-8869(00)00064-7.
- Reynolds, Brady; Ortengren, Amanda; Richards, Jerry B.; De Wit, Harriet (2006). "Dimensions of impulsive behavior: Personality and behavioral measures". Personality and Individual Differences 40 (2): 305. doi:10.1016/j.paid.2005.03.024.