|Elevation||630 ft (190 m)|
|GNIS feature ID||441045|
Perth is located at.
Perth had its start in the year 1870 by the building of the railroad through that territory. It was named after Perth, Scotland. A post office was established at Perth in 1880, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1929.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Blanchard, Charles (1884). Counties of Clay and Owen, Indiana: Historical and Biographical. F.A. Battey & Company. p. 325.
- Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 260. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3.
...and named for Perth, Scotland, birthplace of his ancestors.
- "Clay County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 30 August 2014.
|This Clay County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|