Perversions of Science
|Perversions of Science|
|Starring||Maureen Teefy (Voice of Chrome)|
|Theme music composer||Danny Elfman|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||10|
|Executive producer(s)||Joel Silver
|Running time||approx. 22 minutes|
|Original run||June 7, 1997 – July 23, 1997|
Perversions of Science is a science fiction/horror television series that ran on the cable channel HBO for one season in 1997. It is a spin-off of popular horror series Tales from the Crypt also shown on HBO, and its episodes are based on EC's Weird Science comic book series.
The format of Perversions of Science is very similar to Tales From The Crypt, the show was introduced by a sexualized female robot named Chrome (voiced by Maureen Teefy) and then an individual episode would start. After the episode was complete, Chrome would conclude Perversions of Science.
As of 2011 the series has not been released on DVD in the US. However in 2001 it was released in Japan (Region 2, NTSC) by Pioneer Entertainment where it has since gone out of print subsequently becoming sought after by collectors.
- Dream of Doom - A 40-year-old divorced, but childless, professor cannot wake from his dreams. Each time he wakes up, he finds himself in another dream.
- Anatomy Lesson - The son of a small town coroner has the desire to kill. A strange bearded man, however, always interferes with his plans.
- Boxed In - A space pilot has spent years in an eroding fighter with a female android. He has kept his promise to be faithful to his fiance named Dulcine who is also the daughter of an Admiral. When he finally gets to see her he notices that the Admiral has fitted her with an electronic chastity belt.
- The Exile - A scientist who kills people in his experiments is arrested and tried. When rehabilitation fails, he is sentenced to be "exiled".
- Given the Heir - A woman re-shapes her body to perfection. She then participates in an experiment where she is sent ten years into the past where she meets a man obsessed with perfection.
- Planely Possible - A grieving widower volunteers to be the subject of an experiment where he will be sent to another plane of existence where his wife may still be alive.
- Panic - A number of people at a Halloween costume party try to deal with the panic caused by the Orson Welles Mercury Theatre production of The War of the Worlds.
- Snap Ending - The mixed gender crew of a spaceship have trouble controlling their anxieties when they are sent to study a new planet.
- Ultimate Weapon - Aliens from outer space assume human form in order to mate with a native earthperson.
- The People's Choice - A suburban family gets caught between groups of warring robots. When one of their robots is damaged every night, a robot repairman suggests that they buy a new one: a red, white, and blue patriot.
- Information page on the website TVShowsOnDVD.com
- Perversions of Science at the Internet Movie Database
- Perversions of Science at TV.com