Petäjävesi Old Church
Location of Petäjävesi in Finland
|• Municipal manager||Teppo Sirniö|
|• Total||495.39 km2 (191.27 sq mi)|
|• Land||456.38 km2 (176.21 sq mi)|
|• Water||39.01 km2 (15.06 sq mi)|
|Area rank||233rd largest in Finland|
|• Rank||213th largest in Finland|
|• Density||8.98/km2 (23.3/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||99.2% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||18.2%|
|• 15 to 64||62%|
|• 65 or older||19.8%|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Municipal tax rate||20%|
Petäjävesi is a municipality of Finland.
It is located in the province of Western Finland, next to Jyväskylä and is part of the Central Finland region. The municipality has a population of 4,099 (30 September 2014) and covers an area of 495.39 square kilometres (191.27 sq mi) of which 39.01 km2 (15.06 sq mi) is water. There are all together 99 lakes in Petäjävesi. The biggest lakes are Jämsänvesi-Petäjävesi, Ala-Kintaus and Ylä-Kintaus. Karikkoselkä is a lake in Petäjävesi, which is formed by a meteorite. The population density is 8.98 inhabitants per square kilometre (23.3/sq mi).
The municipality is unilingually Finnish.
The Karikkoselkä impact crater is located southeast of the municipal centre.
People born in Petäjävesi
- "Area by municipality as of 1 January 2011" (PDF) (in Finnish and Swedish). Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 9 March 2011.
- "VÄESTÖTIETOJÄRJESTELMÄ REKISTERITILANNE 30.09.2014" (in Finnish and Swedish). Population Register Center of Finland. Retrieved 17 November 2014.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- "Petäjävesi (kunta)". Järviwiki. Finland's Environmental Administration. 2012. Retrieved 27 February 2012.
Media related to Petäjävesi at Wikimedia Commons
- Municipality of Petäjävesi – Official website
|This Western Finland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|