||This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013)|
Cashmore at the 2012 Time 100 gala
18 September 1985 [|
Pete Cashmore (born 18 September 1985) is the CEO and founder of the popular blog Mashable, a Technorati Top 10 blog worldwide. He grew up in Banchory, and founded Mashable in Aberdeen, Scotland in 2005 at age 19. Cashmore now divides his time between Scotland and America.
In 2009, Cashmore was recognized in Inc.'s "30 Under 30", Forbes' "Top 25 Web Celebs", and The Huffington Post's "Top 10 Game Changers 2009". He writes a weekly column on technology and social media at CNN. In 2012, Cashmore made Time magazine's list of the 100 most influential people.
Cashmore's Mashable Twitter is one of Twitter's 40 most-followed pages, with more than 3 million followers. Pete Cashmore was also crowned by INQ as the most influential Briton and most influential Twitter user in the world in 2009.
- Technorati Top 100 (1–25)
- Evans, Teri (26 May 2011). "14 Things You Didn't Know About Mashable's Pete Cashmore". Globe and Mail (Toronto).[dead link]
- Ewalt, David M. "The Web Celeb 25". Forbes.
- Leo, Alex (6 November 2009). "HuffPost Game Changers: Who Is The Ultimate Game Changer In Technology?". Huffington Post.
- "Has the iPhone lost its cool?". CNN. 21 May 2010.
- Milano, Alyssa, Pete Cashmore - Time 100 2012
- "INQ’s Twitterati List Revealed". Retrieved 21 December 2009.
|This Scottish business-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Scottish writer, poet or playwright is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|