Pete D’Alessandro (Born June 17, 1968) is the General Manager of the Sacramento Kings of the National Basketball Association. Prior to joining the Kings, D’Alessandro was an assistant general manager with the Denver Nuggets and Golden State Warriors.
D’Alessandro attended Connetquot High School in Bohemia, New York. He enrolled at St. John’s University in 1986. While there, D’Alessandro began his work in basketball as a video coordinator under St. John's Hall of Fame men’s basketball coach Lou Carnesecca.  He later graduated from Nova Southeastern University School of Law in May 1994 and was admitted to the New York State Bar in 1995.
From 1997 to 2004, D’Alessandro next worked for Professional Management Associates, a Washington, DC-based sports agency, where he represented NBA and international basketball players.
He was hired by Golden State Warriors basketball chief and Hall of Famer Chris Mullin in 2004 to join the Golden State Warriors as the director of basketball operations. Golden State promoted D’Alessandro to assistant general manager in 2006. D’Alessandro became known for his strong analytical skills and expertise in the NBA salary cap.
In 2010, D’Alessandro was recruited away by the newly hired GM of the Denver Nuggets, Masai Ujiri, to work for him as his advisor. In 2012, he was promoted to Vice President of Basketball Operations. He helped the Nuggets to a franchise record 57 regular season games that year. After Ujiri left for the Toronto Raptors, D’Alessandro was initially seen as the front runner for the general manager position of the Nuggets. On June 17, 2013, however, he was hired as the new general manager of the Sacramento Kings by new majority owner Vivek Ranadive.
D'Alessandro pledged to aggressively pursue deals as the Kings GM and followed through on that with three major trades in the first five months of his tenure, including a 7-player trade with his former boss Ujiri in Toronto.
D’Alessandro resides in the Sacramento area with his wife Leah, daughter Kate and son Benjamin. He met his wife while working on the 1996 Lazio campaign and she played a strong role in encouraging him to pursue his dream of working in basketball.
- "Sacramento Kings bring on Pete D'Alessandro of Denver Nuggets as GM - ESPN". Espn.go.com. 2013-06-18. Retrieved 2013-09-05.
- "Kings Name Pete D'Alessandro General Manager | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE SACRAMENTO KINGS". Nba.com. 2013-08-29. Retrieved 2013-09-05.
- "Pete D'Alessandro will be the next general manager of the Sacramento Kings". Denver Stiffs. Retrieved 2013-09-05.
- Gonzalez, Antonio (2013-06-17). "Pete D'Alessandro begins 'dream job' as Kings GM". Bigstory.ap.org. Retrieved 2013-09-05.
- "Pete D'Alessandro travels long road from Connetquot High to Sacramento Kings GM". Newsday.com. 2013-06-22. Retrieved 2013-09-05.
|Current heads of basketball operations in the National Basketball Association|
|Note: Those listed here either hold the title President of Basketball Operations or General Manager, or both.|