||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2007)|
|Birth name||Peter Blumsom|
|Origin||Oxford, Oxfordshire, England|
|Occupations||musician, songwriter, session musician, record producer|
|Years active||early 1960s-early 1970s|
|Labels||Decca, Deram, Penny Farthing|
Pete Dello (born Peter Blumsom, 1942, Oxford) is a 1960s and 1970s singer-songwriter and now music teacher.
Dello started his career as a musician in the skiffle era of the 1950s and was a founding member of the rock and roll band Grant Tracy and The Sunsets, after which he joined Steve Darbyshire's backing group, The Yum Yum Band, in the mid-1960s. This led onto him forming Honeybus, with whom he scored the hit single "I Can't Let Maggie Go" in 1968.
He wrote songs with all his bands (and also for The Applejacks). The Dello-penned song "Do I Figure In Your Life?" has been covered by Dave Berry, Joe Cocker, Iain Matthews, Dave Stewart, Paul Carrack and Dana. His co-writer was Ray Cane. Dello was also a session musician, and he was hired for Unit 4 + 2, The Scaffold and The Roulettes.
Quickly leaving Honeybus rather than tour and promote the single, he next cut a solo album Into Your Ears in 1971, and also worked with John Killigrew. Ultimately he quit the music industry for other interests during the 1970s.
The song "I'm a Gambler" by Lace (1969) was reissued (the same recording) as a single by Red Herring (1973).
- 1961 "Cry Of The Wild Goose"
Grant Tracy & The Sunsets
- 1961 "Say When"
- 1961 "Pretend"
- 1962 "The Great Matchmaker"
- 1962 "Taming Tigers"
- 1963 "Everybody Shake"
Steve Darbyshire and the Yum Yum Band
- 5 Decca singles 65-67
- 1967 "Delighted To See You"
- 1967 "Do I Still Figure In Your Life?"
- 1968 "I Can't Let Maggie Go"
- 1973 "For You"
- 1968 "People People"
- 1969 "I'm A Gambler"
- 1969 "Taking The Heart Out Of Love"
- 1973 "Arise, Sir Henry"
- 1964 Teenbeat (Grant Tracy And The Sunsets)
- 1971 John Killigrew (John Killigrew with Pete Dello)
- 1971 Into Your Ears (Pete Dello And Friends)
- 1973 Recital (Honeybus) - comeback album(unreleased)
- 1989 Honeybus At Their Best (Honeybus)
- 1993 Old Masters, Hidden Treasures (Honeybus)
- 1997 At Their Best (Honeybus)
- 1999 The Honeybus Story (Honeybus)
- 2002 She Flies Like A Bird : The Anthology (features unreleased songs such as "Big Ship") (Honeybus)