First elected in 1986, Abbate is the current Chair of the Committee on Governmental Employees, a position he has held since 2002, previously served as the Chairman of the Committee on Real Property Taxation and the Committee on Cities.
Prior to his election to the Assembly Abbate served as the District Representative for former Congressman Stephen J. Solarz, from 1974 to 1985, and previously as his legislative assistant while Solarz was a member of the Assembly, 1973.
- New York State Member Website
- Abbate to head tax committee
- Gotham Gazette's Eye On Albany: New York State Assembly: District 49
- Biography: New York State Democratic Committee
- Project Vote Smart: Interest Group Ratings
|New York Assembly|
|New York State Assembly, 49th District