Peter Abrahams (American author)
Peter Abrahams (born 28 June 1947) is an American writer of crime thrillers. His works include Oblivion, The Tutor, The Fury of Rachel Monette, Hard Rain, The Fan, Crying Wolf, Last of the Dixie Heroes, the Echo Falls Mysteries, and Lights Out, the last of which was nominated for an Edgar Award for best novel.
Echo Falls Mystery Series
Abrahams has started a series for younger readers called the Echo Falls Mysteries. There are currently three books in the series: Down the Rabbit Hole, Behind the Curtain, and Into the Dark. They are all based around teen super sleuth Ingrid Levin-Hill.
Chet and Bernie Mystery Series
Writing as Spencer Quinn, Abrahams is the author of the Chet and Bernie Mysteries. These stories are told from the point of view of Chet, Bernie Little's canine partner in the Little Detective Agency.
It was not initially known that Abrahams was Quinn. It took some work by journalists to determine who "Quinn" really is.
Chet and Bernie Bibliography:
- Dog On It (2009)
- Thereby Hangs a Tail (2010)
- To Fetch a Thief (2010)
- The Dog Who Knew Too Much (2011)
- A Fistful of Collars (2012)
- A Cat Was Involved (2012 e-book)
- The Sound And The Furry (2013)
- Paw and Order(2014)
- Anderson, Patrick (August 4, 2003). "Wake Up and Smell the Sagebrush". The Washington Post. "Stephen King calls Abrahams his "favorite American suspense novelist" -- and if you can't trust Stephen King, whom can you trust?"
- Not to be confused with the Spencer Quinn who wrote the song "May Day" for a Mae West album
- Official website
- Works by or about Peter Abrahams (American author) in libraries (WorldCat catalog)
|This article about a novelist of the United States born in the 1940s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|