||This article's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (December 2010)|
André in 2010
|Birth name||Peter James Andrea |
|Born||Brent, London, England, Great Britain, United Kingdom|
|Origin||Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia|
|Genres||R&B, pop, pop rock, urban|
|Occupations||Musician, singer-songwriter, television personality, author, businessman|
|Years active||1991–present (singer)
|Labels||Snapper Records (2012-)|
Early life 
In 1986, at the age of 13, André wrote his first song "Dream a Little" along with his older brother Chris. The song later became part of his debut album Peter Andre. In 1989, at age 16, Andre became a contestant on Hey Hey It's Saturday 'New Faces' on which he was offered a recording contract for £46,000. During his teenage years Andre attended Benowa State High School on the Gold Coast. After marriage to Katie Price, they had collaborated on a song together for Eurovision. Critics are baffled with the quality of the song. Due to Andres talents.
1991–04: Early Singing Career 
André's first top 50 single in the United Kingdom was called "Only One", which reached number 16. His song "Mysterious Girl" (featuring Bubbler Ranx,Marc Long and Steve Higgins) reached number 2 in the UK singles chart and number 8 in Australia. He then had a number 1 album Natural and two U.K. number 1 singles Flava produced & co-written by Andy Whitmore and I Feel You (RP Management) . His last single from the album was "Natural", the song peaked at number 6 in the UK singles chart.
In November 1997, Andre released his second album Time. The album saw three singles released - "All About Us", released in August 1997 and peaked at number 3 in the UK singles chart; "Lonely" reached number 6 in the charts; and, "All Night, All Right", peaking at number 16. The album peaked at number 28 in the UK album charts.
In 1998, he released a cover of the song "Kiss the Girl" from Disney's The Little Mermaid which peaked at number 9 in the UK singles chart. He also appeared on the record The Gift Of Christmas .
2004–07: The Long Road Back, A Whole New World and hiatus 
He appeared on the British reality TV series I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!; during which he met, fell in love with and subsequently married former glamour model Katie Price. He re-released his song Mysterious Girl in 2004 which reached number 1. He released a follow-up song, "Insania", which reached number 3 in the United Kingdom in June 2004. A follow-up album entitled The Long Road Back was also released that month, reaching number 44 in the UK album charts. The next single from the album was "The Right Way", featuring Price in the video. This reached number 14 in September 2004.
Andre and wife Price released a duet album, A Whole New World, on 27 November 2006. The album consisted largely of cover versions and peaked at number 20 in the UK album charts. The album was followed by a single, "A Whole New World", on 14 December 2006. The single peaked at number 12.
2009–10: Revelation and Unconditional: Love Songs 
In 2008, André began working on his fifth studio release with executive producer Richard Pascoe, of RP Management, and producer AC Burrell, of Black Smoke Productions. Revelation was released on 14 September 2009. The album's first single, Behind Closed Doors, was released in August 2009, peaking at #4 on the UK Singles Chart. He later performed the song at T4 on the Beach. The album Revelation peaked at #3 on the UK Albums Chart, selling over 300,000 copies. The second single from the album, Unconditional, peaked at #50 on the UK Singles Chart, and no more singles were released from the album.
On 1 February 2010, André released the album Unconditional: Love Songs, a selection of cover songs and prior material all based around the theme of love songs and ballads. The album entered the UK Albums Chart at #9, and the following week peaked at #7. As part as promotion for the album, André released the track I Can't Make You Love Me as a single, and released a music video for airplay on the music channels. Also, as part of the promotion, André sang the song Sign Your Name on GMTV. Both the songs were recorded as covers for the album. On 18 July 2010, Andre performed at The Midlands Music Festival in Tamworth. He also performed at the V Festival at the Nissan Juke tent. In February, March and April 2010, André embarked on a 38-date tour of the United Kingdom.
2010–present: Accelerate and Angels & Demons 
André began recording his eighth album, Accelerate, in January 2010, before the release of the compilation album, Unconditional: Love Songs. Prior to the release of the album, the lead single, "Defender", was made available on 25 October 2010, peaking at #14 on the UK Singles Chart. A limited edition cd single was made available exclusively at Asda. The album was released a week later on 1 November 2010. Once again, Asda offered an exclusive release, with the bonus track "Every Moment". Tesco also offered an exclusive bonus track, "Piano". The album peaked at #10 on the UK Albums Chart. Songs from the album were performed during a fourteen-date Arena tour which took place across throughout Britain in December of that year. To support the new series of his reality show, My Life, André released a remixed version of "Perfect Night" as the album's second single in July 2011. A limited edition cd single was made available exclusively via QVC.
André stated that his ninth album, Angels & Demons, would be released on 29 October 2012. The album's lead single will reportedly be a track given to André by his personal friend and colleague, Robin Gibb. When the single is released, the proceeds from its sales will reportedly be donated to Gibb's personal favourite charity. Andre spoke of the track shortly after Gibb's death: "I was absolutely devastated to hear about Robin Gibb passing away last week. I was lucky enough to call him a friend and I feel privileged to have known him. He was such a total legend musically and also a kind man, and he's going to be missed so much. He very kindly wrote a song for me recently and I'm determined to finish working on it when I get back to the UK. I'm going to release it as my next single and make sure all the proceeds go to his favourite charity." In support of the album, André will tour for three months between December 2012 and February 2013, playing a variety of Up Close and Personal dates throughout the UK.
Non-acting ventures 
In 2010, André released a book, My World: In Pictures and Words, which reached number two on the UK book charts. In 2010, André released a second perfume, called Mysterious Girl, named after his hit single.
|2004||I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!||Contestant||Series 3|
|2005–2009||Katie & Peter||Star|
|2008||The Sunday Night Project||Guest presenter|
|2009||Alan Carr: Chatty Man||Guest||Series 1, Episode 9|
|T4 on the Beach||Performer|
|Peter Andre: Going It Alone||Star|
|Peter Andre: The Next Chapter||Star|
|Children In Need||BT Tower presenter|
|2010||The Big Fat Quiz of the Year||Guest|
|5 O'Clock Show with||Guest presenter||Week 1 and 2|
|Odd One In||Regular panellist||Series 1 and 2|
|Brit Awards||Presenter||Backstage segments and encore|
|2011||Peter Andre: Here 2 Help||Star|
|All Star Family Fortunes||Contestant|
|Peter Andre: My Life||Star|
|Celebrity Juice||Guest||Series 6, Episode 8|
|I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!||Series 11|
|Piers Morgan's Life Stories||Series 6, Episode 4|
|2012||Keith Lemon's Lemonaid||Celebrity helper||Series 1, Episode 4|
|2013||The Jonathan Ross Show||Guest||Series 4, Episode 17|
|2013||Peter Andre's 60 Minute Makeover||Presenter||Current|
Personal life 
André married Katie Price on 10 September 2005. They have two children - a son born in June 2005 and a daughter born in June 2007. While married to Price, Andre was stepfather to her son Harvey, a blind and autistic child from Price's earlier relationship with football player Dwight Yorke.
- Peter Andre (1993)
- Natural (1996)
- Time (1997)
- The Long Road Back (2004)
- A Whole New World (2006)
- Revelation (2009)
- Unconditional: Love Songs (2010)
- Accelerate (2010)
- Angels & Demons' (2012)
- "OK! Magazine: First For Celebrity News :: Bios". OK! Magazine. Retrieved 26 June 2011.
- "Peter André at Discogs". Discogs.com. Retrieved 2012-02-20.
- PETER ANDRÉ - The Official Charts Company
- PeterAndre.com | The official website of Peter André | News
- PeterAndre.com | The official website of Peter André | Tours & Events
- "Angels & Demons – Pre-Order Now". Peter Andre. Retrieved 2013-02-21.
- "Peter Andre to release Robin Gibb tribute single for charity - Music News". Digital Spy. 2012-06-04. Retrieved 2013-02-21.
- "Peter Andre Tickets - Up Close & Personal Tour". ATG Tickets. 2013-02-16. Retrieved 2013-02-21.
- - Conditional - Perfume-Click
- My World Peter André | WHSmith.co.uk
- peter-andre - Mysterious Girl - The Perfume Shop
- Lee, Cara (23 October 2009). "Jordan's u-turn on Peter truce". The Sun (London). Retrieved 5 September 2010.
- The 5 O'clock Show Series Summary. Retrieved 1 July 2010.
- "Odd One In - Production Details". British Comedy Guide. Retrieved 5 September 2010.
- "Music career going that badly? Peter André swaps singing for serving coffee as he opens his very own New York style café" 10 November 2011, Daily Mail
- "Peter André's cafe slated by inspectors who give it just one star out of five months after opening" 12 April 2012, Daily Mail
- "Peter Andre to join This Morning as a reporter". mirror.co.uk. 26 August 2009. Retrieved 2009-10-31.
- Births England and Wales 1837–2006
- "Entertainment | Jordan decides on daughter's name". BBC News. 2007-07-24. Retrieved 2009-10-31.
- Pink, Stuart (17 June 2008). "Andre I want to adopt Harvey". The Sun (London).[dead link]
- "BBC NEWS – Entertainment – Jordan and Peter André separating". BBC News. 2009-05-11. Retrieved 2009-05-11.
- "Thank God it's over: Katie Price toasts her quickie divorce from Peter André with pink champagne". London: www.dailymail.co.uk. 9 September 2009. Retrieved 9 September 2009.
- Sarah Bull (13 July 2012). "Peter Andre's Mysterious Girl identified as 22-year-old student Emily MacDonagh". Daily Mail. Retrieved 22 April 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Peter Andre|
- Official website
- Peter Andre: The Next Chapter at itv.com
- Peter Andre at Allmusic
- Peter Andre at the Internet Movie Database