Peter Andrews (agricultural pioneer)
He is the inventor of the Natural Sequence Farming method. He is acknowledged as having converted his degraded high-salinity land at Tarwyn Park into a fertile, drought-resistant estate. His techniques run counter to prevailing accepted practices. Peter Andrews is also the author of a best selling book on his methods, entitled Back from the Brink: How Australia's Landscape can be Saved. He also has written a book called "Beyond the Brink" that further explains his theories about water movement in the Australian landscape with the additional subjects of global warming and GMO usage and how this affects soil and the environment. This is a pragmatic book.
For 30 years his techniques were rejected by government authorities.
- Bill Mollison co-creator for the permaculture design system
- P. A. Yeomans creator of the keyline design
- "ABC documentary "Australian Story"". Abc.net.au. 2005-06-13. Retrieved 2012-08-11.
- Natural Sequence Farming Official Website
- Review of 'Back from the Brink'
- Interview with land ecologist Professor Wilhelm Ripl, 29 June, 2005