Peter Biskind is a cultural critic, film historian, journalist, former executive editor of Premiere magazine from 1981 to 1986, and the author of numerous books depicting life in Hollywood, including Seeing Is Believing, Easy Riders, Raging Bulls, Down and Dirty Pictures, and Gods and Monsters. He has also written for Rolling Stone, The New York Times and The Washington Post, and is a contributing editor at Vanity Fair. His work has appeared in a number of publications which include, Rolling Stone, Paris Match, the Nation, The New York Times, the Times of London, and the Los Angeles Times as well as in film journals such as Sight and Sound and Film Quarterly.
He has served as the editor-in-chief of American Film magazine from 1981 to 1986.
Selected bibliography 
- (1983). Seeing Is Believing: How Hollywood Taught Us to Stop Worrying and Love the Fifties. New York: Pantheon Books.
- (1990). The Godfather Companion: Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About All Three Godfather Films. New York, NY: HarperPerennial.
- (1998). Easy Riders, Raging Bulls: How the Sex-Drugs-and-Rock-'n'-Roll Generation Saved Hollywood. New York, NY: Simon & Schuster.
- (2004). Down and Dirty Pictures: Miramax, Sundance, and the Rise of Independent Film. New York: Simon & Schuster.
- (2004). Gods and Monsters: Thirty Years of Writing on Film and Culture From One of America's Most Incisive Writers. New York: Nation Books.
- (2010). Star: How Warren Beatty Seduced America. New York: Simon & Schuster.
- (2013). My Lunches With Orson: Conversations between Henry Jaglom and Orson Welles. New York: Metropolitan Books.
His books have been translated into more than thirty different languages.
- Peter Biskind's "Foreword" and his essay "Inside Indiewood" (April 3, 2000) are included in: Bromley, C. (2000). Cinema nation: the best writing on film from the Nation, 1913-2000. New York: Thunder Mouth Press/Nation Books.
- —. "Reconstructing Woody, Vanity Fair, December 2005.
- —. "Thunder on the Left: The Making of Reds", Vanity Fair, March 2006.
- —. "The Vietnam Oscars", Vanity Fair, March 2008.
- Peter Biskind's Vanity Fair articles "Midnight Revolution" and "Thunder on the Left" are included in: Graydon Carter (2008). Vanity Fair's Tales of Hollywood: Rebels, Reds, and Graduates and the Wild Stories Behind the Making of 13 Iconic Films. New York, N.Y.: Penguin Books.
External links