November 10, 1969 |
Los Angeles, California U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Jennifer Defrancisco (2008-present)|
Peter Craig (born November 10, 1969) is an American novelist and screenwriter known for his darkly comic novels of imploding father-child relationships.
Craig's first novel, The Martini Shot, published by William Morrow in 1998, chronicles has-been action film star Charlie West's troubled relationship with his two children and won a Michener-Copernicus Fellowship. His second novel, Hot Plastic, published by Hyperion in 2004, portrays the complex relationship between credit card con artist Jerry Swift and his genius son, both of whom are attracted to the same woman. His most recent novel, Blood Father, published by Hyperion in 2005, tells of aging biker John Link and his reckless teenage daughter, caught up in a drug bust gone wrong.
As a screenwriter, Craig co-wrote the Warner Bros. picture The Town with Ben Affleck, based on the novel Prince of Thieves by Chuck Hogan. Craig has also been hired to write the screenplay for the upcoming Bad Boys III for Sony Pictures.
Craig grew up in Southern California and Oregon. He is the son of actress Sally Field and Steve Craig. He was remarried in 2008 to Jennifer DeFrancisco, and has two daughters from his previous marriage to poet Amy Scattergood. He has one full brother, two half-brothers and one half-sister. His brothers, Jon & Eli Craig, are a musician and filmmaker respectively.
|2010||The Town||with Ben Affleck and Aaron Stockard|
|2014||The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1||with Danny Strong|
|2015||The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2||with Danny Strong|
|Top Gun 2|
|Bad Boys 3|
- About Peter Craig. Sobelweber.com
- Patrick Anderson: Smoke and Grifters. The Washington Post, March 22, 2004
- Paula L. Woods: Calling upon Dad. Los Angeles Times, May 8, 2005
- Peter Craig (I). The Internet Movie Database
- AICN BOOKS! Bruce Wagner, Horror Masters, Peter Craig Interview and Nick Hornby!! Aintitcool.com, April 6, 2005
- Ngoc Huynh: Oct. 2 Daily Dose: CNYSpeaks, Jennifer DeFrancisco wedding, pinching pennies and picture book giveaway. October 2, 2008