Peter Diggle is a statistician, and president of the Royal Statistical Society, starting his term early in 2014 on the resignation of John Pullinger who was appointed National Statistician. He holds concurrent appointments with the Faculty of Health and Medicine at Lancaster University, and the Institute of Infection and Global Health at the University of Liverpool. In 1997 he was awarded the Guy medal in Silver by the Royal Statistical Society. From 2004-2008 he was an EPSRC Senior Research Fellow. He is one of the founding co-editors of the journal Biostatistics.
Previously, he has held positions at Newcastle University, and the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation in Australia. He also holds honorary appointments with Johns Hopkins, Columbia and Yale.
- "Peter Diggle to begin his RSS presidency early as John Pullinger steps down". www.statslife.org.uk. Retrieved 13 Dec 2013.
- "Peter Diggle, Prof - Personal Statement". University of Liverpool. Retrieved 13 Dec 2013.
- "Guy Medal in Silver - Previous Recipients". Royal Statistical Society. Retrieved 13 Dec 2013.
- "Professor Peter Diggle". Lancaster University. Retrieved 13 Dec 2013.
- "Editorial Board". Oxford Journals. Retrieved 13 Dec 2013.
|This article about a statistician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|