|Born||11 March 1942
New York City, New York, USA
Eyre was born in New York City, New York, the son of Dorothy Pelline (née Acton) and Edward Joseph Eyre, a banker. He was sent to a public school in England at the age of twelve, and has been based in the country ever since. Although offered a place at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art at the age of 18, he studied acting in Paris. His distinguished career in the theatre includes work with the Old Vic (where he made his professional debut), the Royal Shakespeare Company, and the Royal National Theatre.
- The Situation (2006) - U. S. Ambassador
- The Affair of the Necklace (2001) - Monsieur Bassenge
- From Hell (2001) - Lord Hallsham
- The Golden Bowl (2000, by James Ivory) - A.R. Jarvis, Shopkeeper
- Alice in Wonderland (1999) - Frogface Footman
- Dangerous Beauty (1998) - The Doge
- Friends (1998) as the registrar
- The Tango Lesson (1997, by Sally Potter) - English Tango Fan
- Surviving Picasso (1996, by James Ivory) - Sabartes
- Princess Caraboo (1994) - Lord Apthorpe
- The Remains of the Day (1993, by James Ivory) - Lord Halifax
- Orlando (1992) - Pope
- Let Him Have It (1991) - Humphreys
- Mountains of the Moon (1990) - Norton Shaw
- Just Ask for Diamond (1988) - Gott
- Maurice (1987, by James Ivory) - Rev. Borenius
- Dragonslayer (1981) - Casiodorus Rex
- Luna (1979, by Bernardo Bertolucci) - Edward
- Hedda (1975) - Jørgen Tesman
- Malher (1974, by Ken Russell) - Otto Mahler
- The Rivals of Sherlock Holmes (1973 - George Fitzwilliam)
- The Pied Piper (1972, by Jacques Demy) - Priest
- Julius Caesar (1970) - Cinna the Poet
- Having a Wild Weekend (1965) - Art Directo
- Peter Eyre Biography (1942-)
- Koenig, Rhoda (9 February 2002). "Peter Eyre: Natural Eyre to the role". The Independent (London). Retrieved 2009-10-16.
- Rock, Malcolm (7 May 2007). "20 Questions With... Peter Eyre". London: Whatsonstage.com. Retrieved 2009-10-16.
- "The Situation" (Press release). Shadow Distribution. Retrieved 2009-10-16.