Facinelli at the premiere of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 on November 2012.
November 26, 1973 |
Queens, New York, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Jennie Garth (2001–2013)|
Peter Facinelli (pronounced FAH-chin-elly; born November 26, 1973) is an American actor. He became known as the star of Fox's 2002 television series Fastlane. He plays Dr. Carlisle Cullen in the film adaptations of the Twilight series. He is also well known for his role as Mike Dexter in the film Can't Hardly Wait. He is currently a regular on the television series Nurse Jackie portraying the role of Dr. Fitch "Coop" Cooper.
Early life 
Facinelli grew up in Ozone Park, Queens, the son of Italian immigrants Bruna (née Reich), a homemaker, and Pierino Facinelli, a waiter. His parents are from the Val di Non valley, which is located in Trentino, Northern Italy. His father is from Revò, while his mother is from Spormaggiore. He was raised Roman Catholic and attended St. Francis Preparatory School in Fresh Meadows, New York. He studied acting at New York University, as well as at the Atlantic Theater Company Acting School in New York City; his teachers there included William H. Macy, Felicity Huffman, Giancarlo Esposito and Camryn Manheim.
Facinelli made his feature film debut in Rebecca Miller's Angela in 1995 and came to the attention of critics in the TV-movie The Price of Love later that year. In 1996, Facinelli played opposite future wife Jennie Garth in An Unfinished Affair. Other TV roles followed, including a part in After Jimmy (1996) and a college dropout in Calm at Sunset. Facinelli co-starred with Amanda Peet and Michael Vartan in the 1997 AIDS-themed drama Touch Me (1997) and co-starred as a high school student in two 1998 features with Ethan Embry and Breckin Meyer, Dancer, Texas Pop. 81, and Can't Hardly Wait, which starred Jennifer Love Hewitt.
Facinelli appeared in the sci-fi film Supernova starring James Spader in 2000. He made appearances in Riding in Cars with Boys in 2001 and The Scorpion King in 2002, followed by a leading role in the Fox drama Fastlane. Facinelli had a recurring role in the HBO series Six Feet Under in 2004 and a role in the FX original series Damages beginning in 2007. Facinelli starred in Hollow Man 2 with Christian Slater. It was released direct-to-video in May 2006.
After wrapping up Finding Amanda with Matthew Broderick, Facinelli played Carlisle Cullen in the film adaptation of Twilight, based on the book by Stephenie Meyer. According to an interview, "I almost didn’t read for Twilight. My agent said, “Do you want to do a vampire movie?” And I was like, “No.” I was totally thinking blood and guts and bats in caves, like some kind of horror movie. They literally talked me into reading the book and I actually enjoyed the book a lot." Facinelli continued his portrayal in the sequels of the film, The Twilight Saga: New Moon, The Twilight Saga: Eclipse, and The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn.
He is the founder of the production company Facinelli Films. Their first feature film, Loosies, which was written entirely by Facinelli, was filmed in 2011. He starred in the film, which is a story of a New York pickpocket that being produced by Verdi Corrente Productions. In 2011 he also wrote and produced the Hallmark Channel telefilm Accidentally In Love which starred wife Jennie Garth.
Personal life 
Facinelli met Jennie Garth, on the set of An Unfinished Affair, a 1996 television film. They married in 2001. They are parents to three daughters - Luca Bella (born June 30, 1997), Lola Ray (born December 6, 2002), and Fiona Eve (born September 30, 2006). The family starred in Jennie Garth: Little Bit Country, a reality series which aired on CMT, in 2012.
Also in 2012, Facinelli filed for divorce from Garth.
|1995||The Price of Love||Brett||TV|
|Law & Order||Shane Sutter||1 episode|
|1996||Calm at Sunset||James Pfeiffer||TV|
|After Jimmy||Jimmy Stapp||TV|
|An Unfinished Affair||Rick Connor||TV|
|1998||Telling You||Phil Fazzulo|
|Welcome to Hollywood||Actor|
|Can't Hardly Wait||Mike Dexter|
|Dancer, Texas Pop. 81||Terrell Lee Lusk|
|1999||Blue Ridge Fall||Danny Shepherd|
|The Big Kahuna||Bob Walker|
|2001||Riding in Cars with Boys||Tommy Butcher|
|Stealing Time||Alec Nichols|
|Fastlane||Donovan 'Van' Ray||TV Series with Tiffani Thiessen|
|2002||The Scorpion King||Takmet|
|Six Feet Under||Jimmy||Nominated—Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series (2005)|
|2005||The Lather Effect||Danny|
|2006||Hollow Man 2||Det. Frank Turner||Video|
|Touch the Top of the World||Erik Weihenmayer||TV|
|Arc||Paris Pritchert||Indie Gathering Award for Best Actor|
|Battle Olympia||Possessed Office High Jumper|
|Twilight||Dr. Carlisle Cullen|
|2009||The Twilight Saga: New Moon||Dr. Carlisle Cullen|
|Nurse Jackie||Dr. Fitch "Coop" Cooper||2009–present|
|2010||The Twilight Saga: Eclipse||Dr. Carlisle Cullen|
|2011||The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1||Dr. Carlisle Cullen|
|Accidentally in Love||Producer & Writer||Hallmark TV Film|
|The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2||Dr. Carlisle Cullen|
|Gallows Hill||David Reynolds||Post production|
|2014||The Absinthe Drinkers||Lucciola||On hold |
- Peter Facinelli Biography (1973-)
- Tauber, Michelle (2002-11-11). "Vroom, Vroom!". People. Retrieved 2009-08-04. "Given Facinelli's Catholic upbringing, ..."
- In Trentino, giornale on-line del Trentino, ed. (2008-12-19). "Dalla Val di Non a Hollywood" (in italian). Retrieved 2009-03-17.
- Roleke, John (2009-12-24). "Twilight Star Home for the Holidays in Queens". About.com. Retrieved 2010-06-22.
- Kugel, Allison (December 12, 2011). "Peter Facinelli Talks Producing His First Indie Film, Loosies, Nurse Jackie, & Almost Passing on Twilight.". PR.com. Retrieved 2012-03-12.
- Carroll, Larry (2008-02-19). "'Twilight' Film's First Family Revealed: Peter Facinelli, Elizabeth Reaser Lead Cullen Clan". MTV. Retrieved 2008-02-21.
- Carroll, Larry (2008-11-26). "Peter Facinelli Excited To Play Carlisle Cullen Again In 'New Moon'". MTV. Retrieved 2009-03-12.
- "Cullen Family Stars Sign On For 'Breaking Dawn' – Yahoo! Movies". Movies.yahoo.com. 2010-05-19. Retrieved 2010-08-15.
- "Nurse Jackie: Official Site". Sho.com. Retrieved 2009-03-03.
- Fernandez, Jay A. (2010-06-17). "Vincent Gallo, Michael Madsen join 'Loosies'". Hollywoodreporter.com. Retrieved 2010-08-15.
- "Peter Facinelli Files for Divorce from Jennie Garth". People. 2012-03-28. Retrieved 2012-03-28.
- "Peter Facinelli finds love with costar Jaimie Alexander". People. 2012–12–01.
- "The Absinthe Drinkers". Retrieved 2013-04-23.
- Peter Facinelli's Official Website
- Peter Facinelli at the Internet Movie Database
- Peter Facinelli at AllRovi
- Peter Facinelli on Twitter