Peter Florence, MBE (born 4 October 1964), is a British festival director, most notable for founding the Hay Festival with his father, Norman Florence, funding the first festival with winnings from a poker game.
Education and career
Peter Florence was educated at Ipswich School, Jesus College, Cambridge, and the University of Paris and has an MA in Modern and Medieval Literatures. He holds honorary doctorates from The Open University and The University of Glamorgan, and is a Fellow of Hereford College of Arts, The Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama and the British-American Project, and an Honorary Fellow of Bangor University and of Cardiff University.
Florence and his wife Becky Shaw have four sons. They live in Herefordshire.
- Channel 4 The Hay Festival 2006 from Channel4.com, retrieved 2007-01-26
- Ideas 2007: Creativity Beyond Borders: Peter Florence, retrieved 2007-01-26
- The Hay Festival Homepage
- Peter Florence profile, The Guardian.
- Dylan Moore, "Interview: Peter Florence, Director of the Hay Festival", Wales Arts Review, Issue 5, 2012.
- "Hay Festival 2011: Hay director Peter Florence in conversation", The Telegraph, 26 May 2011.
- Ben Duckworth, "Making Hay: Peter Florence reveals his festival secrets", Total Politics, 13 May 2013.
- "Peter Florence: Hay Festival will always be a snapshot of today's world", WalesOnline, 27 May 2012.
- Peter Florence profile, Open University.
|This article about a British stage actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|