Peter Gosse (born October 6, 1938 in Leipzig) is a German poet, prose author and essayist.
Peter Gosse first completed a study of high frequency technology in Moscow. After an occupation as an engineer, he worked as a free lance writer in East Germany from 1968. Since 1985, he was a lecturer of poetry at the "Johannes R. Becher" Literary Institute in Leipzig, where he became the commissioned Director in 1993. Afterwards, he became a guest Professor in the USA. Peter Gosse is a member of the International PEN and since 2008, deputy President of the Sächsischen Akademie der Künste (Saxon Academy of the Arts).
- "Gleisskörper", Lyrics and Essays
- "Seinsgunst", Poetry
- "Phantomschmelz", Novel
- "Ausfahrt aus Byzanz" (Departure from Byzanz), Mitteldeutscher Verlag 1982
- "Erwachsene Mitte" (Adult Center), Verlag Philipp Reclam jun. Leipzig 1986
"Standwaage", Poetry, Mitteldeutscher Verlag, 1990
- "Scharfeinstellung", 1991
- "Schreiben, Bücher, Büchermachen", 1991
- "Aus gegebenem Anlaß", 2002
- "Dein Eurasisches Antlitz : Schriften zu Bildender Kunst und Literatur"
- "Neles Selen : Bilder Sichten", Mitteldeutscher Verlag
- Heinrich Heine prize of the Ministry for culture of the GDR 1985
- Heinrich Mann Prize of the Akademie der Künste Berlin 1991
- This article incorporates information from the revision as of July 13th, 2008 of the equivalent article on the German Wikipedia.