Peter Gric is a Czech painter living in Austria.
- 1968 - born in Brno, Czechoslovakia
- 1980 - emigrates to Austria
- 1988 - 1993 Studies under professor Arik Brauer at the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna
- 1995 - 1996 Alternative Service
- 2007 - Exhibits with Galerie 10
He currently lives and works in Vienna with his family.
Life and works
Peter Gric was born 1968 in former Czechoslovakia. When he was a boy, his family were granted permission to holiday outside of the strictly controlled socialist territories. Unbeknown to him, his parents never planned to return, and driving to Austria instead of their state approved holiday destination, where they applied for residency.
He studied under professor Arik Brauer at the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna who was one of the original members of the Vienna School of Fantastic Realism. Peter therefore is among the next generation of artists influenced from this movement.
In 2007, Peter commenced a stage design for the SamPlay production "Hamlet in Rock". That same year, Peter's work appeared in an international publication, "Metamorphosis - 50 Contemporary Surreal, Fantastic and Visionary Artists" (ISBN 978-0-9803231-0-8).
- 1990 - Meisterschule Brauer - Oberes Belvedere '90 (Hubert Adolph, Arik Brauer, Regine Schmidt) (Austrian Gallery Belvedere (palace), Vienna)
- 1993 - Peter Gric - Katalog (Dalibor Truhlar) (Edition Lyra) ISBN 3-901431-03-9
- 1993 - Akademie der bildenden Künste - Diplomarbeiten 1993 (Carl Pruscha) (Academy of Fine Arts, Vienna)
- 1994 - Kick off () (Academy of Fine Arts, Vienna)
- 1997 - Vier Meisterschulen für Malerei der Akademie der bildenden Künste Wien (Dr. Heinz Fischer, Elisabeth v. Samsonow, Arik Brauer) (Academy of Fine Arts, Vienna)
- 2000 - Phantastik am Ende der Zeit (Thomas Engelhardt, Christine Ivanovic) (Town Museum Erlangen) ISBN 3-930035-03-0
- 2000 - gegen-stand - Projekt Donauauen (Wilhelm Molterer, Dr.Bernd Lötsch) (Naturhistorisches Museum / Museum of Natural History, Vienna)
- 2001 - ARSFANTASTICA - Die Sammlung bei der Ernst Fuchs Pate stand (Hubert Klocker, Gerhard Habarta, Milan Vukovich) (ISMAEL.cc)
- 2004 - Trierenberg Art - Kunst im Werk (Christian Trierenberg, Dr. Christian Hinterobermaier) (Trierenberg Holding AG)
- 2004 - The illustrated to think like God : Pythagoras and Parmenides : the origins of philosophy (Arnold Hermann) (Parmenides Publishing) ISBN 1-930972-17-2
- 2007 - Metamorphosis (beinArt) ISBN 978-0-9803231-0-8
- 2007 - L’ange exquis: Être Ange, Étrange (Libellule Ltd.)
- "Bühnenaufbau "Hamlet In Rock"" (in (German)).