Educated at Clitheroe Royal Grammar School in Lancashire and trained as an accountant, Peter Hargreaves initially worked as a computer salesman. He then started Hargreaves Lansdown trading from a bedroom in 1981; in 2010, he stood down as chief executive, receiving £18 million in payouts from dividends. He was succeeded as CEO by Ian Gorham. He is reportedly now worth £1,025 million according to the Sunday Times Rich List 2011.
In 1986 he married Rosemary and they went on to have one son and one daughter.
- Bristol’s deadly duo hit the City The Times, 6 May 2007
- "Hargreaves retires with £18m windfall | Mail Online". dailymail.co.uk. 2011. Retrieved 3 June 2011.
- Peter Hargreaves worth £1.02bn; Pair make top100 Rich List IFA on-line, 9 May 2011
- ITM Power: People
- Peter Hargreaves: My First Million FT.com
- The London Gazette: . 31 December 2013.
- Fame & Fortune: Peter Hargreaves The Times, 22 March 2009
- Peter Hargreaves biography page on the Hargreaves Lansdown website.
|This article about a British businessperson born in the 1940s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|