Peter Hill (pianist)
|Occupations||Virtuoso pianist, pedagogue|
The British pianist and musicologist Peter Hill (born 1948) is a world-renowned authority on the works of French composer Olivier Messiaen, with whom he was acquainted. As well as playing the complete works of Messiaen, he is also known for his performances of other 20th-century piano repertoire.
In November 2013 he gave the world premiere of Messiaen's piano piece "La Fauvette Passerinette", which he discovered and edited for performance.
- Hill, Peter (1994). The Messiaen Companion.
- Hill, Peter (2000). Stravinsky: The Rite of Spring. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. ISBN 0-521-62714-1.
- Hill, Peter; Simeone, Nigel (2005). Messiaen. Yale University Press. ISBN 978-0-300-10907-8.
- Hill's recordings of Messiaen's piano music, made under the guidance of the composer, for Unicorn-Kanchana, are now available on the Regis label.
- "Pianist Peter Hill on Messiaen’s Birds". The Boston Musical Intelligencer. 2011-10-13. Retrieved 23 November 2011.
- Hill, Peter (2005-11-04). "Pianist Peter Hill looks at composer Olivier Messiaen". The Guardian. Retrieved 23 November 2011.
- "Peter Hill". Naxos Records. Retrieved 23 November 2011.
|This article on a British classical pianist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|