Peter Holland (ice hockey)
January 14, 1991 |
Caledon, ON, CAN
|Height||6 ft 2 in (188 cm)|
|Weight||195 lb (88 kg; 13 st 13 lb)|
|Toronto Maple Leafs
|NHL Draft||15th overall, 2009
Peter Holland (born January 14, 1991) is a Canadian professional ice hockey player. He currently plays with the Toronto Maple Leafs of the National Hockey League (NHL). Holland was selected by the Anaheim Ducks in the 1st round (15th overall) of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, and made his NHL debut for the Ducks during the 2011–12 season.
Holland grew up in Bolton, Ontario, playing youth hockey for the Brampton Jr. Battalion. After a successful minor midget season, where Holland had 119 points (59 goals and 60 assists in 60 games), he was selected in the first round, 11th overall by the Guelph Storm in the 2007 OHL draft. His 2008–09 season caught the attention of scouts, as he earned a spot in the OHL All-Star Game, played in the Canada-Russia Challenge and participated in the 2009 CHL Top Prospects Game. He also represented Canada at the 2009 IIHF World U18 Championships. Heading into the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, Holland was ranked 19th by the NHL's Central Scouting Bureau. The Anaheim Ducks selected Holland in the first round, 15th overall.
On November 5, 2011, Holland made his NHL debut. After scoring 11 points in 12 games to start the 2011–12 AHL season with the Syracuse Crunch, the Anaheim Ducks recalled Holland to play in a 5-0 road game loss against the Detroit Red Wings. He scored his first NHL goal, which turned out to be the Game Winner, on November 11, 2011 against Roberto Luongo of the Vancouver Canucks.
On November 16, 2013, Holland was traded by the Ducks along with Brad Staubitz to the Toronto Maple Leafs in exchange for Jesse Blacker and two draft picks in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft. He scored his first goal as a Toronto Maple Leaf on November 21, 2013 against Marek Mazanec of the Nashville Predators. Holland wore number 24 for the Toronto Maple Leafs.
On July 16, 2014, Holland agreed to a 2 year contract with the Leafs, with an annual average value of $775,000.
Regular season and playoffs
|2013–14||Toronto Maple Leafs||NHL||39||5||5||10||16||—||—||—||—||—|
- "Peter Holland". Elite Prospects. Retrieved July 25, 2014.
- "Priority Selection Results". Ontario Hockey League. 2007. Retrieved July 25, 2014.
- "Peter Holland draft profile". National Hockey League. Retrieved 2010-01-24.
- "Peter Holland player profile". Ontario Hockey League. Retrieved 2010-01-24.
- Ducks End Seven-Game Road Trip With Blowout Loss In Detroit - SB Nation Los Angeles
- "Ducks hang on to beat Canucks". NHL. 2011-11-11. Retrieved 2011-11-11.
- "Ducks, Maple Leafs deal". American Hockey League. 2013-11-16. Retrieved 2013-11-16.
- "Maple Leafs sign Peter Holland to two-year deal". Toronto Star. July 16, 2014. Retrieved July 25, 2014.
- Peter Holland's player profile at NHL.com
- Peter Holland's career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Peter Holland's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
- Peter Holland player profile on the Ontario Hockey League site
|Anaheim Ducks first round draft pick