Peter J. Daniels
|This article relies on references to primary sources. (February 2012)|
|Peter J. Daniels|
|Occupation||Author, Professional speaker|
Daniels has written thirteen books, including How to Reach Your Life Goals and How to be Happy Though Rich.
Daniels came from a disadvantaged background and was illiterate in his early years. His family was third generation welfare recipients, he has two alcoholic brothers, 4 fathers and 2 mothers. Many of his relatives have been in jail. He failed at every grade in school and became a bricklayer. At 26 years of age he was hopelessly in debt, and attended a Billy Graham Crusade on 25 May 1959.
Daniels went into business three times, failing each time, but without becoming bankrupt. He subsequently managed to build a large real estate business in Australia and South East Asia and serves as a director and chairman on a range of international boards.
Daniels married his wife Robina in 1955 and has three children and eight grandchildren
From 1974 to 1990, he ran Peter J Daniels Real Estate, until it folded. From 1989 he ran the World Centre for Entrepreneurial Studies. Other business involvements include being a director of International Corporate Holdings Pty Ltd, Chairman of Australia Fair Pty Ltd and an international director of Worldwide Leadership Council.
Daniels is makes regular 'no cost' presentations to churches around the world. He has also been chairman of the board of Youth for Christ Australia, a board member of Haggai Institute of Advanced Leadership, world treasurer of Youth for Christ International and international director of Robert Schuller Ministries.
Daniels received the following national and international awards:
- 1975: Lieutenant Colonel Aide De Camp Governor Staff by Governor George Busbee, The State of Georgia
- 1986: Kentucky Colonel by Governor Julian M. Carrol, State of Georgia
- 1987: Honorary Citizen Austin Texas by Mayor Frank C. Cooksey
- 1988: World Ambassador, World Expo Brisbane Australia
- 1989: World Ambassador for Life, Youth for Christ
- 1989: Special Ambassador of State on Economic Affairs, Appointed by President Lennox Sebe For the Nation of Ciskei Southern Africa
- 1992: Doctor of Humanities, March of Faith Bible Institute, Houston Texas
- 1995: Doctor of Letters, Oral Roberts University
- Living on the Edge: From bricklayer to business leader (Autobiography) (World Centre for Entrepreneurial Studies, 2003)
- Living on the Edge: Executive Pack
- Success is-- : principles for achieving your dreams (Trade Life Books, 1998)
- How to Reach Your Life Goals: A step by step goals formula (Honor Books, August 1995) - ISBN 978-1-56292-088-3
- How to Create Your Own Dynamic Mission Statement That Works (World Centre for Entrepreneurial Studies, 1994) - ISBN 978-0-949330-32-1
- Entrepreneurs and Leaders Handbook
- A Global Survey into Multi-Level Marketing: The Rescue of an Industry (World Centre for Entrepreneurial Studies, 1992)
- How to get more done and have time left over (Australian Collegiate School of Entrepreneurs, 1990)
- Miss Phillips You Were Wrong: A formula to overcome rejection (House of Tabor, 1989) - ISBN 978-0-949330-26-0
- How to have the Awesome Power of Public Speaking: The book for mastering the crowd (The House of Tabor, 1988) - ISBN 0-949330-25-6
- How to be Motivated all the Time: Practical keys to becoming and remaining motivated in an uncomplicated step by step procedure (The House of Tabor, 1987) - ISBN 0-949330-22-1
- How to Handle a Major Crisis: Practical steps to overcome difficulty and to face critical situations successfully (The House of Tabor, 1987) - ISBN 0-949330-21-3
- How to be Happy Though Rich: The book every poor person should read (Fleming H Revell Co, May 1985)) - ISBN 978-0-8007-1435-2