Peter James Taylor (born 21 November 1944) is an English geographer. Born in Tring in Hertfordshire, he was Professor of Political Geography at the University of Newcastle upon Tyne between 1970 and 1996, before joining Loughborough University as Professor of Geography Since 2010 he was worked at Northumbria University. He is the founder and Director of the Globalization and World Cities Research Network and is the author of over 300 publications, of which over 60 have been translated into other languages. As of September 2010 he became a Professor of Geography at Northumbria University.
- International Handbook of Globalization and World Cities (2011)
- Political Geography: World-Economy, Nation-State, Locality (2011)
- Global Urban Analysis: a Survey of Cities in Globalization (2010)
- Cities in Globalization (2006)
- World City Network: a Global Urban Analysis (2004)
- Modernities: a Geohistorical Introduction (1999)
- The Way the Modern World Works: from World Hegemony to World Impasse (1996)