Katz has produced genre films that have screened at the AFI Fest, Rome Film Festival, as well as the New Zealand International Film Festival. He was one of the producers on Mortuary, which was helmed by director Tobe Hooper. His newest feature, Pop Skull, has received positive reviews from such press as Variety, San Francisco Bay Guardian, and Fangoria. Pop Skull was the subject an experiment in neuromarketing that mapped audiences reactions to individual scenes in the film. Katz said that the information would be used to make more effective films that were properly marketed to audience desires.
- 2008 Best Feature Film, Indianapolis International Film Festival
- 2008 Jury Award, Boston Underground Film Festival
Filmography (as producer)
- Koehler, Robert (2007-11-21). "Review: 'Pop Skull'". Variety. Retrieved 2014-01-02.
- Eddy, Cheryl (2008-02-13). "IndieFest: "Pop Skull"". SF Bay Guardian. Retrieved 2014-01-02.
- Wong, Grace (2009-09-29). "Brain scans gauge horror flick fear factor". CNN. Retrieved 2014-01-02.
- Silver, Curtis (2009-09-23). "Neurocinema Aims to Change the Way Movies are Made". Wired.com. Retrieved 2014-01-02.
- Armstrong, Collin (2009-07-22). "Comic Con 2009 Horror Comics / Film Panel!". Twitch Film. Retrieved 2014-01-02.
- indyfilmfest.com, 2008 Indianapolis International Film Festival, Retrieved 10-11-2008
- badlit.com, 2008 Boston Underground Film Festival, Retrieved 10-11-2008