Peter Liese (born 20 May 1965 in Olsberg, North Rhine-Westphalia) is a German politician and Member of the European Parliament for North Rhine-Westphalia with the conservative Christian-Democratic Union, part of the European People's Party and sits on the European Parliament's Committee on the Environment, Public Health and Food Safety.
He is a substitute for the Committee on Industry, Research and Energy, a member of the Delegation for relations with the countries of Central America and a substitute for the Delegation to the EU-Mexico Joint Parliamentary Committee.
- 1989-1992: Graduated as doctor at the Institute of Humane Genetics of the University of Bonn
- until 1994: Ward doctor in Paderborn children's hospital
- since 1994: Doctor in general practuice and internist
- Former member of the Land executive of the Young Union, North Rhine-Westphalia
- 1991-1997: District Chairman of the Junge Union
- Member of the Land executive of the CDU, North Rhine-Westphalia
- 1989-1994: Member of Bestwig local council
- 1994-1999: Vice-Chairman of the Young Group
- 1994-1999: Rapporteur for the working party on bioethics and biotechnology
- since 1994: Member of the European Parliament
- since 1997: Member of the central committee of German Catholics
See also: European Parliament election, 2004 (Germany)