|Member of the Australian Parliament
2 March 1996 – 19 July 2010
|Preceded by||Ted Lindsay|
|Succeeded by||Ewen Jones|
4 May 1944 |
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
|Political party||Liberal Party of Australia|
Peter John Lindsay (born 4 May 1944), Australian politician, was a Liberal Party of Australia member of the Australian House of Representatives from March 1996 to July 2010, representing the Division of Herbert, Queensland. In January 2007 he was appointed to the position of Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Defence in the Howard Government. He was born in Brisbane, Queensland, and was a television station production manager and General Manager of Townsville Television from 1972 to 1996 before entering politics. He was a member of the City of Townsville City Council from 1985 to 1996.
- The Hon Peter Lindsay MP, Member for Herbert (Qld), Parliament of Australia, 20 January 2010.
- Lyons, Niki: Lindsay quits politics, Australian Broadcasting Corporation, 27 January 2010.
- Search or browse Hansard for Peter Lindsay at OpenAustralia.org
- Peter Lindsay's personal homepage
- Official Parliamentary Biography
|Parliament of Australia|
|Member for Herbert
|This article about a Liberal Party of Australia politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|