Peter M. Brant
Peter M. Brant (born 1947) is a American industrialist and businessman, worth an estimated $2.7 billion. He is also a major art collector, and avid horseman. Brant is married to supermodel Stephanie Seymour.
Newsprint business 
Brant's fortune came from the paper business he inherited and expanded, though he has made a name for himself as an art collector and benefactor and as a highly regarded polo player. The company was later renamed White Birch Paper Company. Brant owns White Birch Paper Company and Brant Publications, Inc.
In February 2010, White Birch Paper restructured under Chapter 11 proceedings, due to declining demand for newsprint. The company emerged from bankruptcy in January 2012 and closed its main pulp and paper mill in Quebec City, sending home more than 600 workers. He owns four other mills located in Quebec, Canada and five in the United States.
Brant Publications, Inc. 
Brant is the owner and chairman of Brant Publications, Inc., located in New York, New York, founded in 1984. BPI publishes four magazines:
- Interview was founded by artist Andy Warhol and John Wilcock in late 1969. These interviews were usually unedited or edited in the eccentric fashion of Warhol's books and The Philosophy of Andy Warhol: From A to B and Back Again. Brant Publications began publishing Interview shortly after Warhol’s death in 1987. The magazine celebrated its 40th anniversary in 2010.
- The Magazine Antiques is a monthly arts publication that focuses on architecture, interior design, and fine and decorative arts. Regular monthly columns include news on current exhibitions and art-world events, notes on collecting, and book reviews. The magazine was founded in 1922 and underwent a complete redesign in 2009.
- Art in America is an illustrated monthly, international magazine concentrating on the contemporary art world. It has been published since 1913.
Art collector 
Brant bought his first pieces of art after turning an $8,000 investment into several hundred thousand dollars as a young man. His first purchases according to The New York Times, included “a couple of Warhols and, later, a major Franz Kline.” In 1976, Brant commissioned Andy Warhol to paint his cocker spaniel, Ginger. Warhol made two paintings of Ginger, as well as drawings. Now he has a collection of over 15,000 works, including what is considered one of the largest collections of Warhol's work in the world.
On May 9, 2009, The Brant Foundation Art Study Center opened in Greenwich, CT. On the site of a converted 110-year-old stone barn, architect Richard Gluckman  redesigned the 9,800-square-foot (910 m2) space as a gallery and learning center, which will showcase long-term exhibitions and promote the appreciation of contemporary art and design. The non-profit center is open to the public by appointment.The Brant Foundation Art Study Center featured an exhibition by artist Urs Fischer in 2010 and painter Josh Smith in 2011. Brant's tax returns for 2010 showed that he contributed $3 million to the foundation, and it spent $1.8 million on acquisitions, exhibitions and building-related costs.
Film producer 
Brant was an executive producer of the award-winning films Basquiat (1996) and Pollock (2000). Brant was also co-producer of the Peabody- and Emmy-award winning PBS documentary, Andy Warhol: A Documentary (2006).
Kentucky Derby and Polo 
Brant was the breeder of 1995 Kentucky Derby winner Thunder Gulch. Thunder Gulch is the son of Gulch from the mare Line of Thunder, who were both owned and bred by Brant. In addition, Brant is an accomplished polo player and at one time, was the highest-rated amateur player in the U.S. Brant is the co-founder of the Greenwich Polo Club, the Saratoga Polo Association, and the Bridgehampton Polo Club.
Brant has five children from his first marriage to Sandra Simms. They divorced in 1995. In 1995, Brant married model Stephanie Seymour and they have two sons and one daughter together: Peter (b. December 1993), Harry (b. 1997), and Lilly (b. 28 October 2004). In 2010, the couple filed for divorce but subsequently reconciled. He has a step-son, Dylan, from Seymour's first marriage to guitarist Tom Andrews and six grandchildren.
- "1000 Richest Americans". Forbes. Retrieved 2009.
- Interview on art collecting, "Peter Brant and Stephanie Seymour put their contemporary art collection on show" from The Art Newspaper
- "Interview Magazine Celebrates 40th Anniversary" from The Wall Street Journal (February, 2010)
- Publishing Executive June, 2009
- The New York Times January, 2010
- The New Yorker May,2009
- The New York Times Art Insider April 2011
- Mike Boehm (September 28, 2012), MOCA trustee Peter Brant using his art to get business loans Los Angeles Times.
- Museum Publicity December, 2009
- Variety April, 2007
- TV Week September, 2007
- Kentucky Derby, Derby History, Thunder Gulch
- Palm Beach Daily News July, 1979
- Hamptons Online
- New York Times: "For Richer or for ... Not Quite as Rich" By DAVID SEGAL January 23, 2010
- The London Evening Standard: "Meet the godparents of Elton John's new baby" January 12, 2011
- New York Times: "The New Princes of the City (There’s Even a Harry)" By WILLIAM VAN METER June 20, 2012
- Los Angeles Times: "Stephanie Seymour, husband Peter Brant call off divorce thanks to Navajo blanket" by Emily Christianson April 13, 2011