||This biographical article is written like a résumé. (April 2011)|
||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (April 2011)|
He has composed music in nearly all genres, including orchestra, band, chorus, chamber music, works for solo instrument, works for piano and organ, as well as liturgical works and hymns. His music is published by Zimbel Press, Alea Publishing, Musica Slovaca, and Edition Hudba.
Machajdik's orchestral works have been premiered by the Janáček Philharmonic Orchestra, State Philharmonic Orchestra of Košice, Pomeranian Philharmonic, Lugansk Symphony Orchestra, Slovak Chamber Orchestra, Camerata Europea, and many others.
Film credits include Machajdik’s scores for Altenburg - 4 Schüler gegen Stalin (2005), and Miloš and the Lynxes (2010). Machajdik has worked with choreographers and dancers such as Dorothea Rust, Studio tanca, Petra Fornayova, Studio ALT@RT, and others.
- 1995: THE ReR QUARTERLY © QUARTERLY, ReR Volume 4 No 1 CD - ReR 0401
- 2003: NAMASTE SUITE (Guido Arbonelli) © Mnemes HCD 102
- 2008: NUOVE MUSICE PER TROMBA 6 (Ivano Ascari) © AZ 5005
- 2008: THE HEALING HEATING (R(A)DIO(CUSTICA) SELECTED 2008) © Czech Radio
- 2008: NAMAH © musica slovaca SF 00542131
- 2009: MINIMAL HARP (Floraleda Sacchi) © DECCA / Universal 476 317
- 2011: INSIDE THE TREE (for cello, harp and electronics) © Amadeus Arte Catalogue No. AA11003
- 2012: CZECHOSLOVAK CHAMBER DUO (Dvořák / Machajdík / Schneider-Trnavský) Czech Radio, Catalogue No. #CR0591-2
- 2012: A MARVELOUS LOVE - New Music for Organ (Carson Cooman plays compositions by Peter Machajdík, Patricia Van Ness, Jim Dalton, Tim Rozema, Al Benner, Thomas Åberg, and Harold Stover.), Albany Records, Catalogue No. TROY1357
- 2012: THE IMMANENT VELVET (Machajdík's chamber music for piano, guitar, cello, harp and strings), Azyl Records, Catalogue No. R266-0024-2-331
On the 2008 CD Namah, Machajdík worked with singer Jon Anderson from Yes, harpist Floraleda Sacchi, vocalist & drummer David Moss, clarinet virtuoso Guido Arbonelli, cello player Jozef Lupták, and others.
His name is pronounced [makh-eye-deek]
- Jan Levoslav Bella Preis 2006
- CD Namah
- CD Minimal Harp
- 1992 electronic music presentation
- Jon Anderson & Peter Machajdik "live"
- The Healing Heating