Peter N. T. Wells
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For other people of the same name, see Peter Wells.
|Known for||Work on Medical Ultrasound|
|Notable awards||Duddell Medal and Prize, 2006
Peter Neil Temple Wells CBE DSc FREng FMedSci FIET FInstP FLSW FRS (born 1936 in Bristol, England) is a British medical physicist who played a major role in the application of ultrasound technology in medicine.
Honours and awards
- 1983 Fellow of the Royal Academy of Engineering
- 2003 Fellow of the Royal Society 
- 2006 Duddell Medal and Prize
- 2009 Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) in the New Year Honours.
- Founding Fellow of the Learned Society of Wales.
- 2013 Royal Medal from the Royal Society