Peter North (academic)
Sir Peter Machin North, CBE QC FBA (born 30 August 1936) was Principal of Jesus College, Oxford from 1984–2005 and Vice Chancellor of the University of Oxford, England from 1993–1997. He is an internationally renowned legal scholar.
Sir Peter North chaired the Review Body of the Independent Review on Parades and Marches in Northern Ireland, whose final report (published on 29 January 1997 and widely known as "The North Report") led to the establishment of the Parades Commission which regulates potentially controversial parades in Northern Ireland.
North was also chair of a University of Oxford inquiry, established to review the running of the University. The report, published on 29 January 1998 (precisely one year after the Parades and Marches report), was also known as "The North Report". He was knighted on 10 March 1998.
- "Sir Peter North, CBE, QC, FBA". People of Today Online. Debrett's. Retrieved July 15, 2011.
- "Previous Vice-Chancellors". University of Oxford, UK. Retrieved July 15, 2011.
- Fionnuala McKenna (2007-03-12). "Parades and Marches - Independent Review of Parades and Marches in Northern Ireland". CAIN (Conflict Archive on the INternet). University of Ulster. Retrieved 2007-03-28.
- The University of Oxford (1998-01-29). "University set for vigorous debate on North report". Oxford University Gazette 128 (4462). Retrieved 2007-03-28.
- The London Gazette: . 18 August 1998. Retrieved 2009-03-04.
- "Bid to cut drink-driving by almost half", Daily Telegraph, 4 June 2010.
Sir John Habakkuk
|Principal of Jesus College, Oxford
Sir Richard Southwood
|Vice-Chancellor of Oxford University
Sir Colin Lucas
|This article relating to the University of Oxford is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This United Kingdom law-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article about an academic administrator is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|