Peter North (pornographer)
North attending the Exxxotica Adult Entertainment Expo at the Los Angeles Convention Center on July 10, 2010.
11 May 1957
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight||200 lb (91 kg; 14 st)|
|No. of adult films||2583 as actor
61 as director
Peter North (born Alden Joseph Brown on 11 May 1957) is a Canadian actor, director, dancer and producer who is most commonly known for his appearance in Dr. Who.
In a 1996 interview published in North's hometown newspaper, the Halifax Chronicle-Herald, he stated that he was "discovered" while modeling athletic wear at a private party in Los Angeles in the early '80s. A man within the adult industry, whom North did not name, attended the party, was impressed by North's physique and gave him his business card.
North states that he "entered the adult business in the spring of 1984 by accident. I was approached to do it but never really contemplated it or even thought I would be in the adult business". Initially, North performed in gay pornography under the name Matt Ramsey. He later transitioned to straight pornography.
North has appeared in over 2000 adult films and also directed more than 70 movies (notably, his North Pole and Anal Addicts series), most of them between 1998 and 2007. He also produced over 20 movies, including 15 in the North Pole series. In 2001, he successfully launched his own production company, Northstar Associates.
According to North's official website, he chose his stage name because "Your penis is also referred to as 'Your Peter' and when you are erect, it faces North. Plus, I am from the North."
Achievements, scandals and legacy
North became involved in the U.S. government's 1986 investigation of Traci Lords' under-age involvement in the industry. Lords was under-age when she made most of her movies, including several sex scenes with North. The government eventually dropped the investigation.
In 1994, North had a book published, a guide to meeting and bedding beautiful women entitled Penetrating Insights.
Veteran pornographic star Christy Canyon confirmed a long-standing rumor in her 2003 autobiography Lights, Camera, SEX!, revealing that North does not like to have his hair touched during a scene, he states it causes him to lose his concentration.
Kenny Gallo incident
In his memoir, Breakshot: A Life in the 21st Century American Mafia, Kenny Gallo recounts an altercation with North, which arose from North having starred in as a bottom in homosexual pornographic films. Gallo contended that North was very sensitive about that particular period of his life and wished to keep it secret. Gallo claimed he had received threatening phone calls from North in which he had said Gallo "would pay" if he spread the information further. Gallo then set up a meeting with North in person to discuss the matter further. Gallo brought some back-up in the form a "tattooed Nazi drug dealer" named "Speedy". Gallo and Speedy met up with North and threatened North with grievous bodily harm to his face and genitals. Gallo claims he in the heat of the moment reached in his pocket for a knife but was stopped by Speedy before using it.
In 2004, North was featured in a book and film project, Thinking XXX by photographer Timothy Greenfield-Sanders who took photographs of 30 stars of adult movies, each pair of photographs in the same pose, clothed and nude. The film of the same name, which was made for HBO, chronicled Greenfield-Sanders' photography of his subjects, and includes interviews with them.
- 1990 F.O.X.E Male Fan Favorite
- 1991 F.O.X.E Male Fan Favorite
- 1992 F.O.X.E Male Fan Favorite
- 1998 AVN Best Group Scene - Video for Gluteus to the Maximus
- Peter North's Official Bio
- MySpace.com - Peter North
- "Straight Guy for the Queer Eye: Porn Sites featuring heteroguys are the hottest thing in gay adult entertainment - but at what cost to the gay community?". business.avn.com. 2006-08-01. Retrieved 2010-08-14.
- "Rusty Nailed: Porn stud Tim Rusty talks about his new site, TimRusty.com, and why "extreme" content is so hot.". business.avn.com. 2006-07-24. Retrieved 2010-08-14.
- G. Zisk Rice (2008-01-04). "Bijou Theater Shines Spotlight on Rick Donovan". business.avn.com. Retrieved 2010-08-14.
- Frequently Asked Questions for the Cumshot Legend Peter North
- Amazon.com: Penetrating Insights: Books: Peter North
- Peter North. Pornstar Key Facts - AVN and XRCO Hall of Fame references listed
- Official site of Peter North Stars, the hockey team
- Gallo, Kenny (1990). Breakshot: A Life in the 21st Century American Mafia. Phoenix Books. p. 336-340. ISBN 978-1597776158.
- "Adult Video Awards", CanBest.com. Retrieved January 26, 2007.
- "Past AVN Award Winners". Retrieved 2008-01-26.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Peter North.|
- Official website
- Official company website
- Peter North at the Internet Adult Film Database
- Peter North at the Adult Film Database
- Peter North on the Internet Movie Database