As a publisher he served in senior positions in literary, scholarly, and technical publishing from 1981 to 2004 at the University of Pittsburgh Press, Graphic Arts Technical Foundation, and Printing Industries of America. In 2010 he became editor-in-chief of the literary magazine The Fourth River.
Oresick has also taught at Chatham University, The Tepper School of Business at Carnegie Mellon University, Emerson College, the University of Pittsburgh, and the Pittsburgh High School for the Creative and Performing Arts.
- To a Museum Guard at Shift Change, poetry (Chicago: West North Press, 2012).
- Warhol-o-rama, poetry (Pittsburgh: Carnegie Mellon University Press, 2008).
- For a Living: The Poetry of Work, (co-editor with Nicholas Coles), poetry anthology (Urbana and Chicago: University of Illinois Press, 1995).
- Fermi Buffalo, by Louise McNeil (posthumously), (editor), poetry (Pittsburgh: University of Pittsburgh Press, 1994).
- The Pittsburgh Book of Contemporary American Poetry, (co-editor with Ed Ochester), poetry anthology (Pittsburgh: University of Pittsburgh Press, 1993).
- Despite the Plainness of Day: Love Poems, by David Ignatow, (co-editor with Anthony Petrosky), poetry (Pittsburgh: Mill Hunk Books, 1991).
- Working Classics: Poems on Industrial Life, (co-editor with Nicholas Coles), poetry anthology (Urbana and Chicago: University of Illinois Press, 1990).
- Definitions, poetry (Albuquerque: West End Press, 1990).
- An American Peace, (Foreword by Gerald Stern) poetry (Minneapolis: Shadow Press USA, 1985)
- Other Lives, poetry (Easthampton: Adastra Press, 1985).
- The Story of Glass, poetry (Cambridge: West End Press, 1977).
- Contemporary Authors Online. The Gale Group, 2006. PEN (Permanent Entry Number): 0000074923.