|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013)|
Peter Poles in 2011
6 February 1978 |
Slovenj Gradec, SR Slovenia, SFR Yugoslavia
|Years active||2000 - present|
Peter Poles (born February 6, 1978 in Slovenj Gradec) is a Slovenian television personality, responsible for presenting the Slovenian televote results in various editions of Eurovision Song Contest. Poles first filled this role in 2003, returning in 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009. He will be also one of two hosts in Slovenian version of show Got talent (Slovenija ima Talent / Slovenia's got talent), on March 2010. The show will be broadcast by Slovenian commercial television channel POP TV.
Poles has tried to add comedy whilst giving his results:
- in 2003, as Slovenia were the final country to vote with the overall winner still unknown, Poles joked by disappearing from camera view for few seconds;
- in 2004 he gave Slovene 12 points to Slovenia, while these points Slovenian viewers gave to Serbia and Montenegro;
- in 2006 he asked the female host of the contest, Maria Menounos to marry him by wearing a t-shirt with the message "Maria Marry Me";
- in 2007, he attempted to imitate Alenka Gotar, then a Slovenian representative at the Eurovision Song Contest by projecting a large flashlight to his face (Alenka had a special flash device on her palm while performing her song, projecting light on her face);
- in 2008 he greeted hosts (Serbia) in their native language, commented about former Yugoslavian brotherhood and continued in completely informal friendly style.
- in 2009 he declared that instead of jokes, he would hold a minute of silence as Slovenia had failed to make the final two years in a row. After approximately 14 seconds of silence, and following a prompter from Russian presenter Alsou, he proceeded to announce Slovenia's votes.
|This Slovenian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This European biographical article related to television is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|